RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new 2019 RR supercharged about a month ago, drove away, by the time I got home and the engine and all fluids were good and warm, about 20 mins, it makes a annoying whining noise when I am idling at a stop. The noise will last for 30-90 seconds and will stop when when I drive off or by itself. When it stops by itself, you can hear an audible click of a solenoid or a relay and then it stops. You can play with the gas very slightly to change the tone of the whine. Too much gas and it will stop.

I had the RR for a week and has been back at the dealer now for 3 week, 2 of which they were waiting for some sort of special listening device to pinpoint the origin of the noise. The dealer has narrowed it down to the "ACE" bar or ACE bar area sort of near the rear axle, whatever that is. They mentioned there is a dozen systems running through this small area and "they are stumped without throwing parts at it".

Bloody angry as I feel that Land Rover probably knew about this and kicked the can down the road. RR on delivery had about 100km (63 miles) on it. Typical similar models have 20-30km. Anyone having a similar whine?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
63 Posts
The "ACE" bar is the active cornering enhancement system that helps to reduce roll of the body. Fancy computer controlled anti-sway bar that helps to flatten the body during cornering maneuvers. I think it was introduced back in the late 90s on the Discovery.

·
Registered
2019 RRS SVR Corris Grey
1 Posts
Picked up my new 2019 RR supercharged about a month ago, drove away, by the time I got home and the engine and all fluids were good and warm, about 20 mins, it makes a annoying whining noise when I am idling at a stop. The noise will last for 30-90 seconds and will stop when when I drive off or by itself. When it stops by itself, you can hear an audible click of a solenoid or a relay and then it stops. You can play with the gas very slightly to change the tone of the whine. Too much gas and it will stop.

I had the RR for a week and has been back at the dealer now for 3 week, 2 of which they were waiting for some sort of special listening device to pinpoint the origin of the noise. The dealer has narrowed it down to the "ACE" bar or ACE bar area sort of near the rear axle, whatever that is. They mentioned there is a dozen systems running through this small area and "they are stumped without throwing parts at it".

Bloody angry as I feel that Land Rover probably knew about this and kicked the can down the road. RR on delivery had about 100km (63 miles) on it. Typical similar models have 20-30km. Anyone having a similar whine?
I know this is old an old thread but I'm experiencing the exact same issue on my 2019 RRS SVR. The idle whine is especially apparent on a hot day. Did the dealer or anyone eventually figure out the source of the problem and/or a solution? Any help is much appreciated. Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts