RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1990 RR, vehicle runs great most of the time. Some times i come to a stop at a light and the RPMs drop very low. If i try to give it gas and move from the stop it wants to chug and spit back through the intake. (what it sounds like anyways) If i stop the car, shut off the ignition and restart the vehicle then it will Idle and drive fine until the next stop light. I took out the Air Bypass it was pretty dirty and cleaned it. Timing is good, new plugs, cap and rotor appear fine. Would love some ideas. I am new to the RR world just bought this a month ago and i am looking forward to fixing it up. Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello

I have a very similar problem. Take a look in "Bad idle when cold on 1993 4.2ltr LSE" (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36667) there is a list of the things I've changed, may give you some ideas. The snag is, I've stll go the problem!!!

Good luck
nkg

·
Registered
665 Posts
you guys shold check the springs on the distributor. if one broke you may have wierd intermittent problems. make sure the advance is working properly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i pulled the Air bypass valve and cleaned it. It was pretty bad, and drove it today. Only did it a couple of times, but not as bad. I will check the distributor just for something else to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts