RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my display was acting up the screen was rollong and then went black so I figured the display was bad and got another. Well I installed the new used one and that has a blank screen also. Then i looked at the GPS in the back and the indicator light is off. The fuse is fine and the harness has power to the unit.
What i need is another GPS to plug in to determine if the GPS is bad. Or if someone has one they can sell reasonably that would be great as I already have $500 in the current display. `)

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
860 Posts
defender said:
Well my display was acting up the screen was rollong and then went black so I figured the display was bad and got another. Well I installed the new used one and that has a blank screen also. Then i looked at the GPS in the back and the indicator light is off. The fuse is fine and the harness has power to the unit.
What i need is another GPS to plug in to determine if the GPS is bad. Or if someone has one they can sell reasonably that would be great as I already have $500 in the current display. `)
What year model?

G

·
0 Posts
i need to check, but I think I have a spare MK3 nav unit [from when I was going to retrofit it into my P38]. And coincidentally, I will be in MA next week on a training course. Send me a PM if you're interested]

·
Registered
256 Posts
Defender I may have an interest in your display

G

·
0 Posts
Defender, I won't have space in my luggage to bring it to MA, but if you can wait, I'll get back in touch with you towards the end of the week to discuss it in more detail.
Thanks.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
860 Posts
I suggest that you upgrade to the MKIV DVD base navigation drive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
L4FLIROP The display will likely be for sale ill keep you posted.

MR RR that is disapointing . I was hoping to know if that would solve my problem.

marcpablo what is the MKIV DVD base navigation drive. is it compatable with the 2004 display?

still looking for a GPS unit thanks all

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
860 Posts
defender said:
L4FLIROP The display will likely be for sale ill keep you posted.

MR RR that is disapointing . I was hoping to know if that would solve my problem.

marcpablo what is the MKIV DVD base navigation drive. is it compatable with the 2004 display?

still looking for a GPS unit thanks all
Check it out here, takes less that 5 minutes: http://www.roverupgrades.com/Range_Rove ... ation.html
It makes a huge differance and a lot of guys here have done this simple modification.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks still looking for a gps so i can confirm my system is working anyone have one i can use or sell ata reasonable price thanks.

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
As I said i'm in MA right now. I didn't have a chance to bring the GPS with me because you didn't PM me like I asked [I was checking my PM's but not the forum]
I'll be back home on Friday. SEND ME A PM with an offer for the GPS shipped from Michigan and i'll get back in touch with you then.

You know how much they go for so please be reasonable, as I will be.
Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah sorry Mr RR missed the PM .. and responded via the site.definetly interested. what year condition is the GPS?

PM a # and ill give you a call.

R

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to Mr RR my screen is now working. next time I will take the time to track down the issue instead of jumping the gun.

Thanks for your help mike.

btw I now have a display screen for sale out of my 2004.....
:dance:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts