RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard 18D was out. Went to the car, connected to my home's WiFi and hit Update. Nothing. System says no update available. Is the system's update function not working on my car, not working yet, not working at all?

Jose

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
It's most likely not available OTA yet or is a dealer only update. 18D just came out on the 12th. Either wait, call your service department and ask if it will be OTA or schedule an appointment for the update.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
Heard 18D was out. Went to the car, connected to my home's WiFi and hit Update. Nothing. System says no update available. Is the system's update function not working on my car, not working yet, not working at all?

Jose
OTA updates were just mentioned in the latest software release notes the other day. They are now live but it first requires that you bring the vehicle into the dealer for an initial update. See below for the language they used. Applies to 2018 and newer models.

“This release includes updated software files to support Campaigns N268 and N176, updating Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) and Infotainment Slave Controller (ISC). This is to bring vehicles up to the latest standard of Infotainment. This will introduce the ability for vehicles with telematics to be updated with Software Over The Air (SOTA) updates.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OTA updates were just mentioned in the latest software release notes the other day. They are now live but it first requires that you bring the vehicle into the dealer for an initial update. See below for the language they used. Applies to 2018 and newer models.

“This release includes updated software files to support Campaigns N268 and N176, updating Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) and Infotainment Slave Controller (ISC). This is to bring vehicles up to the latest standard of Infotainment. This will introduce the ability for vehicles with telematics to be updated with Software Over The Air (SOTA) updates.”

Hey mlb356, where did you see that language? I looked in 18C and 18D update info and didn't find it in either.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
Within TOPIx the document is titled “PATHFINDER Software Release - 0086” and dated 12/2018. Toward the bottom of page 6 you will find the language. When you search for the document make sure you sort the results my most recently added.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts