RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Someone posted this on a forum from the UK.
Haven't seen it posted anywhere else, but hopefully this is valid and reaches us all.

(would be great if this can be done without going to the dealer. I highly doubt it though)

There's a new ICTP software version available: S18D_18.47.5-2
There's a new ICTP software version available: S18D_18.47.5-269316

Smartphone Pack Features

All Smartphones
* Improved connectivity of USB module phones.
* Improved functionality when 2 phones are connected at the same time.

Android Auto
* Improved GPS connection when using a navigation app from customer's phone.
[/list]

Apple CarPlay
* If customer disconnects a session for the device the touchscreen will no longer freeze on the CarPlay screen.
* A customer will no longer need to press the CarPlay tile twice to get to the CarPlay screen.
* Customers using CarPlay will now see the correct media artwork where available.
* Customers will be able to launch CarPlay or InControl Apps (ICA) in the same ignition cycle after starting vehicle using remote engine start.
* CarPlay will no longer be deactivated after unmuting audio on the vehicle.

(Android phones only)
* InControl Apps (ICA)
ICA screen will no longer freeze or flicker for apps like spotify, when connected using android phones

Plus a host of other non-Smartphone pack changes. Also, the installed vehicle software version will now be stored with other vehicle details in TOPIx - together with a notation as to the latest version available, making it easy to see if an update is available/relevant

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
additional info

Yes, it looks like this would pretty much solve most of the issues people are having.

Please share. It's on the Topix site also.

2018.0 RANGE ROVER SPORT (LW), 415-01

IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) - SOFTWARE VERSION: S18D_18.47.5-269316, ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: J9D3-19C204-BK (G2342856)

INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 18D

Release Date: 2018-12-12

ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
RADIO

AM, FM AND HD RADIO

• The radio screen will no longer freeze
  • A 'Radio not available' pop-up will no longer be displayed on the home screen when exiting the radio find view list, after selecting a station from radio find view list in RSE.
  • Radio default artwork will no longer flicker while scanning radio frequencies.
  • Radio favorite feature will no longer unexpectedly reset to the radio home page.
  • Favorite Radio Channels will no longer be unexpectedly deselected in the lower screen.
DAB

• DAB stations can be selected from the search view list inside the find view.

ALL ROAD INFORMATION

• The 4x4i All Surface Information Screen will no longer be automatically displayed when a vehicle stalls.
  • (I-Pace only) The graphics seen on the touchscreen displaying the power distribution to the front and rear axles will no longer be inverted.

SMARTPHONE PACK FEATURES

ALL SMARTPHONES

• Improved connectivity of USB module phones.
  • Improved functionality when 2 phones are connected at the same time.
ANDROID AUTO

• Improved GPS connection when using a navigation app from customer's phone.
APPLE CARPLAY

• If customer disconnects a session for the device the touchscreen will no longer freeze on the CarPlay screen.
  • A customer will no longer need to press the CarPlay tile twice to get to the CarPlay screen.
  • Customers using CarPlay will now see the correct media artwork where available.
  • Customers will be able to launch CarPlay or InControl Apps (ICA) in the same ignition cycle after starting vehicle using remote engine start.
  • CarPlay will no longer be deactivated after unmuting audio on the vehicle.
(ANDROID PHONES ONLY)

INCONTROL APPS (ICA)

• ICA screen will no longer freeze or flicker for apps like spotify, when connected using android phones

AUDIO CD

• (Issue only in last software, 18C) Switching from a CD to a DVD will now work correctly
  • The rear screen will now display the correct icon for CD ripping.
  • Audio ripped from a CD will now display information correctly

HDMI CONNECTIONS

General HDMI connection improvements

TOUCHSCREENS AND CONTROLS

LOWER DUO TOUCHSCREEN

• Rotary dials in the lower touchscreen will no longer stop working as intended.
  • Lower touchscreen will no longer display an incorrect recent phone call list.
  • When changing the theme from light to dark the lower screen will no longer show a light theme.
  • Lower touchscreen will now remember setting between ignition cycles
  • Customer will not experience lower screen displayed in Red.
UPPER DUO TOUCHSCREEN

• Touchscreen will no longer intermittently fail to display existing application icons after an ignition cycle.
DUO TOUCHSCREENS

• Upper and lower screens will no longer go blank with working audio.

BLUETOOTH®

• Improved Bluetooth® auto connection of customer phone.
  • Customer can hear Bluetooth® audio routed through the cabin upon resuming after an ignition off time out.
  • Improved Bluetooth® stability.

CAMERAS

• Camera screen will no longer be displayed blank when going back quickly from camera to home screen.
  • Improved Forward Traffic Detection Audio alerts.
  • Camera screen will no longer stay on after an alert while reversing vehicle.
  • Front camera screen will no longer be stay on even after driving vehicle forward.
  • When a Trailer is attached the user will now be able to select other camera views not just the trailer views.

USB CONNECTED DEVICES

• First song will no longer be played after returning to USB playback from other sources,playback will resume from the last point.
  • Improved media playback functionality when 2 iPods and iPhones™ are connected at the same time.
  • Tracks played from a USB device will show the correct track name instead of numbers
  • Corrupt USB devices will no longer cause the ISC (ISC) to constantly reset.

CLIMATE

(DISCOVERY ONLY)

MANUAL AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM

• The touchscreen will no longer display a climate screen when the functionality is not supported by the vehicle.
I-PACE CLIMATE SYSTEM

• Smart icon will highlight in all screens to show function is ON

GENERAL CLIMATE FIXES

• Improved stability when controlling the climate system through the touchscreen

(17C OR LATER SOFTWARE LEVEL)

EVOQUE CLIMATE SYSTEM

• Customer will have Climate Sync functionality back

IPC (IPC)

• Customer will have proper artwork for AM and FM radio in the IPC.
  • Customer will no longer observe logo image on IPC instead of map or media.

CONNECTED INFOTAINMENT

• A blank online media screen will no longer not be observed on the when pressing media tile from bottom bar.
  • The customer will always have Live and Side panels available

DVD

• Improved DVD playback

ELECTRIC VEHICLE SCREENS

• Time required to charge will be same on IPCand MY EV screen
  • The I-Pace goodbye screen will now display correctly every time the system shuts down.

SPEECH

NAVIGATION

• Customers can now use speech to navigate to Points of interest
  • User can enter Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport as a destination
GENERAL

• Unsupported data on a USB device no longer causes voice features to stop working for an entire drive cycle.

OVERALL SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS

• Improved system stability
  • Improved system stability with rear seat entertainment
  • Improved system start up performance

PHONE

• Recent call list will now be updated after a missed call.
  • If contact is edited it will no longer appear grayed out and can be chosen from a speech command.
  • Customer can now see all the numbers stored for a contact.
  • The customer will have option for 'USB only' mode no a pop-up observed when phone is plugged in, if Smartphone features are not required.

TOW ASSIST

• The Shadow trailer will no longer turn red too early.
  • (InControl touch Duo only) A Long press of the rotary dial will now centre the trailer to straight as it does on single screen vehicles.
  • When a Trailer is attached the user will now be able to select other camera views not just the trailer views.
  • Customer will no longer experience flicker while zoom in/out hitch assist
  • Parking guidance is returning after a Hitch Assist action automatically

TELEVISION

• TV feature will not crash while selecting TV channel through Speech command
  • Customer will no longer see the white patches behind the intent bar in TV station list.

VALET MODE

• Customer can unlock the valet mode by giving the valid valet mode PIN the master PIN will no longer be required.

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
Re: ICT software version available: S18D_18.47.5-269316

I would like to thank pmcrcr8 for finding this info and posting over in the 494 section. pay attention to the fixes / changes this update handles.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
463 Posts

Still trying my sources at JLR US...but cannot get an answer as to why early 17MY get some of the functionality in the last update...and I would assume this one even though all 17MY had the updated Infotainment over MY16.. Has anyone else had any issues in a 17?

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
12 Posts

Can you elborate on accessing with a no pay subscription? Every time i click it takes me to the subscription page.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
979 Posts

Can you elborate on accessing with a no pay subscription? Every time i click it takes me to the subscription page.
You'll still need an account and be logged in to find it - further you'll probably want to enter in your VIN. Then once you've selected your vehicle the Documents link is on the top horizontal menu and the Software link on the subsequent vertical menu.

·
Registered
12 Posts

See screenshot - this is as far as I can get. Also I see the "Outstanding Campaigns" and i try to navigate to that link and im told i also need a subscription...HELPPPPP! Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 2.27.45 PM.jpg

·
SUPER MODERATOR
979 Posts

See screenshot - this is as far as I can get. Also I see the "Outstanding Campaigns" and i try to navigate to that link and im told i also need a subscription...HELPPPPP! View attachment 269012
Don't give up so easily - maybe try Browse All then Documents then Software

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts

Michael, TOPIx foulded up their documents a week or so for the general public. you used to be able to browse by year and model. What is odd is your link works perfectly for me and I am not logged in.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
979 Posts

Michael, TOPIx foulded up their documents a week or so for the general public. you used to be able to browse by year and model. What is odd is your link works perfectly for me and I am not logged in.
Only thing I can confirm is that I don't have a subscription to TOPIx and I'm just logged in. I am using my VIN and off my vehicle screen - it's Browse All>Documents>Software

Anyone else without a subscription able to do those steps?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Only thing I can confirm is that I don't have a subscription to TOPIx and I'm just logged in. I am using my VIN and off my vehicle screen - it's Browse All>Documents>Software

Anyone else without a subscription able to do those steps?
That's also how I logged in. Just used my VIN then clicked on documents. Thankfully it also remembers your VIN each time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yea it did for me but my situation was diffrent as in I had 18B before upgrading because my advisor informed prob around October that 18c is out and if I want I could wait because they announced 18d so I actually just waited for 18D.

But my issues were all Bluetooth related and everything seems addressed. All features involving the touch work a lot better imo ... but I won’t lie I actually took the truck back from dealer sat and I’m on vacation so only played around for a few hours will check out when I’m back home.

Just letting you guys know here in USA it is available at the dealer in case they give you run a round as it is installed on my truck

·
Registered
12 Posts

It worked!

·
Registered
25 Posts

I thought the 18C updated allowed us to preform future updates wirelessly without having to go to the dealer. Am I mistaken on that? When I search for updates, my car isn't finding any.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts