RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let’s use this as our forum’s official thread to report ICTP bugs. The hope is that LR will take notice of real-world issues and while chances are they will never comment here, it is a very real possibility that they will take note of our reports. Make no mistake, manufacturers read enthusiast forums (I owned an Explorer when Ford had all the MyFord Touch issues. We created a bug report thread on the forum I belonged to. Ford not only took notice, but they even assigned a customer relations rep to help assist us!).

A few rules:

• This is not a thread to voice opinions. Let’s limit our comments to a description of the issue.
  • If you see your same issue reported, no need to double up.
  • If your issue is slightly different than one reported, please add it and explain the differences.
  • Posts are for the current version of ICTP only. If you’re having an issue with your system and you’re on an old software version, chances are your issue has been addressed. Please update first before adding a report.
  • As this thread grows, we’ll move from one version to the next. If you’re the first one posting a bug after upgrading to a newly released software version, please first make a single post with large letters denoting the software version (see first post for an example). That way we will know where the new version starts.
  • This is not a thread to voice opinions. Let’s limit our comments to a description of the issue. Yes, it's here twice. On purpose. :)
@RRToadHall, if you can make this thread a sticky, that would be great!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Missing text message button on phone screen

Text message reading doesn’t work (iPhone)

Carousel media display mode doesn’t work

iPod voice commands do not work

Clock is slow, looses about a minute per week

After a few days, ambient light goes back to white when set to a different color

Satellite station order cannot be rearranged like broadcast radio stations can

When on a phone call, the other party’s name on the center bottom bar of the screen displays pixelated and the font looks stretched (elongated)

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Isn't there already a thread with folks responding we can stick? no sense in folks duplicating posts.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
S18D_18.47.5-269316

New Bugs

• iPod connected via USB disconnects when Apple CarPlay connects. Unable to play iPod until iPhone is disconnected
  • iPod connected via USB reverts to paused after driving cycle (drive, iPod is playing, turn engine off, ... start engine, iPod is now paused)
  • iPod connected via USB looses selected playlist and reverts to play all, starting with song number one, for no apparent reason
  • New album background art while playing iPod songs (connected via USB) is stretched and distorted
  • When iPod connected via USB is set to play all with random sort, for no apparent reason the system will revert to the first song after several songs have played
Unresolved from prior version(s)

• Missing Messages button on phone screen. Also, iPhone doesn't have Show Notifications option under Bluetooth connection
  • iPod playlist voice commands do not work. Response to any play playlist command is “requested media not available”
  • When on a phone call, the other party’s name on the center bottom bar of the screen displays pixelated and the font looks stretched (elongated)
iPod model: iPodTouch, latest generation, running the latest version of iOS 12
iPhone model: XS, running latest version of iOS 12

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
LMAO DW, I was just going to copy that link over here...

It is really surprising how many folks have not had the 18D update that fixed so many issues in this thread. We'll see if all the new features and fixes come true with 19A

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
183 Posts

It is really surprising how many folks have not had the 18D update that fixed so many issues in this thread. We'll see if all the new features and fixes come true with 19A
I usually check both forums because my wife has a L405.

How does it usually work with new software versions as cars are getting built? If my build date is 3 weeks from now will I automatically get the most current version?

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
your dealership should update your systems before handing the car over. it's worth reminding them to do so.

·
Registered
183 Posts
your dealership should update your systems before handing the car over. it's worth reminding them to do so.
Thanks - I was planning to do that as we get closer to delivery.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Dwboston! I guess we can add unable to update software to the list. I just tried to update ITCP while connected to wi-fi and got "no software updates available"

Jose

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
85 Posts

JLR ordered dealers to stop updating to 18D on the because of new bugs introduce by it. My wifes F-Pace was in the shop 2 weeks ago for its yearly maintenance. Now i need a separate appointment for the software.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks Dwboston! I guess we can add unable to update software to the list. I just tried to update ITCP while connected to wi-fi and got "no software updates available"

Jose
Do have have 18D currently? Wasn't 18D the version that was supposed to allow OTA updates? Is it possible JLR just hasn't released 19A yet OTA?

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
Do have have 18D currently? Wasn't 18D the version that was supposed to allow OTA updates? Is it possible JLR just hasn't released 19A yet OTA?
I wouldn't count on over the air updates to be available for some time. I am sure this was done for future updates with minor corrections. The full version updates can take a long time and have to be done with proper battery maintenance, if for some reason you lost power in the middle of the install you would corrupt the affected modules and could likely cause more issues.

the way it seems even the dealers sometimes have to try several times to get a proper install. so until they can have a successful track record of proper installs and are sure that for end users there will be no problem I am sure we wont see that feature for a long time.

Just because it is released and available for dealers to install it doesnt mean that OTA will have access. The use a different system for OTA info.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts