RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest release notes for InControl Touch Pro (Duo) 19A, enjoy

IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) – SOFTWARE VERSION: S19A_19.07.2-312706, PART NUMBER: K8A2-19C204-BB (G2369115) INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 19A
Release Date: 2019-02-27

New features included in this release

DRIVER ASSISTANCE FEATURES
Improved warning messages for Reverse Traffic Detection.

CLIMATE
It is now possible to adjust the second row temperature controls (where fitted) from the front upper screen.

NAVIGATION
Improved screen for manually adding personal charging stations.
10" TS only: It is now possible to select numbers and letters on the same screen when entering destination in Navigation system.

ELECTRIC VEHICLE SCREENS (ELECTRIC VEHICLES ONLY)
Improvements to the auto-add charge station and associated features.
Touchscreen view improved with updated preferred charging station settings.
Simplified range map display.

BLUETOOTH® AUDIO
It is now possible to change Bluetooth® device from the BT Audio screen and in media source selection list screen.

INCONTROL TOUCH PRO DUO TOUCHSCREEN
The lower screen will now dim by the same amount as the upper screen when in stealth mode.

TERRAIN RESPONSE SCREEN
Revised terrain response imagery.

WI-FI HOTSPOT (F-TYPE 19MY ONLY)
This update introduces hotspot support for F-Types.

ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE

ACTIVE EXHAUST BUTTON (VELAR SVA-DYNAMIC ONLY)
Active Exhaust Button now available on lower touchscreen.

BLUETOOTH®

Bluetooth® phone call connection improvements.
Bluetooth® Media will now reconnect automatically after unplugging iPhone™ from the front portable media interface panel.
General Bluetooth® usability improvements.

CLIMATE
When auto is selected, changing the distribution mode will cancel auto and the blower speed in the rotary dial will now change to its previous value.

NAVIGATION
When searching for specific Points of Interest (POI) using speech, it is no longer necessary to stipulate a search area.
Navigation start-up speed improvements.
Hybrid Charging Station filtering is now possible on PHEV vehicles.

ELECTRIC VEHICLE SCREENS (ELECTRIC VEHICLES ONLY)

Display will now work in low power mode.
Electric Vehicle (EV) button is now available on the Touchscreen (PHEV vehicles only).
Creep Mode not correctly displaying in the Touchscreen.
Estimated time to charge is no longer displayed unless a charging cable is connected to the vehicle.
Regenerative braking state can now be selected on-screen at start up.

RADIO
General stability improvements – MW Band.
Tuner screen – various bug fixes.

REVERSE TRAFFIC DETECTION
‘Reverse Traffic Detection not available’ message will no longer be displayed on touchscreen when system is active.

SMARTPHONE PACK FEATURES
Fixed Smartphone feature failure to launch at startup.
(China only) improved robustness when switching from iPhone™ to Baidu session.
(InControl Touch Duo only) CarPlay screen is not aligned with the center of the Touchscreen when launched while source selection screen displayed.
Loss of audio mid-cycle when listening to Spotify with Apple CarPlay.
Improved Android Auto connection strategy.

SYSTEM

STARTUP
General start-up improvements.

GOODBYE SCREEN
Goodbye screen will no longer appear at the wrong time when the engine is switched off.

MULTIMEDIA PLAYBACK
General stability improvements.

SPEECH DATABASE UPDATES
Update of Speech Database using service screen – robustness improvements.

SVR LOGO (SVR VEHICLES ONLY)
SVR Logo no longer changes size during start-up.

REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT
General robustness improvements.
The rear screens no longer default to on at start up.

KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS RELEASE
REAR VIEW CAMERA JUDDER
The camera image is not displaying as smoothly as it should be, this is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software release.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
294 Posts
Just had my entire IMC module replaced I’ll have to get this loaded.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
60 Posts
Do you know if I have to take this in or will it upgrade via WiFi?

Thx

·
Registered
60 Posts
I tried updating over cell and Wifi with no luck. Its says no software update available.

·
Registered
463 Posts
The upgrade OTA functionality is available in the vehicle, however JLR has not activated the feature for retail vehicles...they do use it at their HQ in NJ over WiFi...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Had this installed by my dealer Monday. There were no issues. I won’t be home for a few days however, to give it a test and provide feedback

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The feature I use daily is the reverse camera, not sure if the update is worth it if the reverse camera quality decreases. Anyone with the update notice the reverse camera issue?

·
Registered
294 Posts
The feature I use daily is the reverse camera, not sure if the update is worth it if the reverse camera quality decreases. Anyone with the update notice the reverse camera issue?
I think they’re talking about the long standing issue where there is a delay in what you see on the camera vs reality

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
298 Posts
Michael, thanks for posting this. I just updated to 19A and it’s quite good. Fixed a lot of the issues I had before with 18C
Also, apple car play seems to work much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just got the update as well. Not crazy about the new graphics they put in for the different driving modes, like the old ones better.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just drove it home today so haven't had much time with it. The boot up time doesn't seem to improve noticeably. Will provide more inputs once I spent more time with it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Spent a little more time with the truck today, seems most of the issues with the cameras have been fixed, and I love how now you can enter numbers and letters without switch screens for navigation input, to me that is the most tangible improvement. Boot up speed is maybe, maybe a tad quicker.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had this installed earlier this week, much better. Car finally feels totally reliable including CarPlay. I’ve also noticed that the OTA update which used to say “no software available” now says “software up to date”, so hoping that will work next time.

Also, I’ve noticed a massive improvement in the reliability of adaptive cruise control. Used to get “driver intervene” all the time, and now it seems a lot better. Not sure if this is because they updated something else though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great to hear on the adaptive cruise control. That would be a big fix.

Mine (still on 18D and getting 19A next week) gets very confused in traffic, especially at lower speeds when the car ahead accelerates then slows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Unfortunately I think I spoke to soon on the adaptive cruise control. I had one perfect journey but after that it is still getting confused and popping up “driver intervene”.

I’ve also spotted what may be quite a concerning issue, it seems that audio doesn’t work on inbound CarPlay phone calls. If you unplug the phone and switch to Bluetooth everything is fine. I don’t know if anyone else has had this issue?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi hi newbie here to the RR forum but could anyone share which year/model vehicle they have and which software version they were running on prior to getting 19A OTA 19A2 updates done at the dealer?

Especially interested if anyone had it done at a So Cal Land Rover dealer too cos it seems like this version introducing OTA software upgrade capabilities has been out since around April/May but I've yet to find a single Land Rover Southern California dealer (spoke to service advisors) out of the 10 I've called, who even know what I'm talking about and when they do, they all tell me it's not possible to do the 19A OTA and 19A2 upgrades on my 2017 RR HSE despite seeing some other 2017 owners on here getting it done just fine ?

My current software version is 18C btw...thanks so much!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
you need a couple of updates, before SOTA can be enabled for you. '17s are compatible with SOTA but there might be limitations this forum is not aware of. Do you have carplay and android auto (aka SmartPhone pack) installed? These are the requirements for the SmartPhone pack: https://www.ovalnews.com/2019/03/finally-how-to-check-smartphone-pack-upgrade-eligibility-based-on-your-usb-ports.html If your car is compatible, there's a very good chance for SOTA to work, as well.

Those dealerships do know what they're talking about, they probably just don't want their tech to spend 5 hours updating your car, while he or she could actually be making money for the shop.
it sounds like you just bought a used one. your best bet is to try to get it updated next time you have something else to be done on your car. They will probably be more accommodating then - assuming your car is compatible with this feature.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts