RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello chaps,

Please excuse me if I have missed another post on this or another forum but i'm getting rather frustrated.

My car is a 2003 Vogue TD6 - only purchased a week ago, but very happy with it.

I have ordered a V6 usb from Resler this morning and have spent the last 2 hours trawling the net to find where to connect it too when it arrives. + & - connections are easy enough, but could someone please point me to exactly what colour & where an iBus wire is in the boot ?

I found this ( http://www.intravention.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1012.10;wap2 ) which points to the iBus wire being in a 12-pin connector

1 2 3 4 5 6
|---|
|---------| |---------|
| o o o o o o |
| o o o o o o |
|-----------------------|
7 8 9 10 11 12

1 = N/C
2 = N/C
3 = N/C
4 = iBus (white)
5 = N/C
6 = Main Ground (black)
7 = Audio Left (white)
8 = Audio Ground (black)
9 = Audio Right (red)
10 = N/C
11 = N/C
12 = Power (Brown)

Then i've read on other forum posts & seen images suggesting that the iBus cable is within a 3-pin connector ...

I can find neither a 3-pin connector, nor a 12-pin connector within my boot.

I'm obviously digging far too deep into this !

If someone could advise where an iBus cable is in the boot it would be highly apprecited.

Thanks in advance for any replies
Dave

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
Have you already checked the schematics, pinouts and photos in RAVE?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, & thanks for the reply - i'm sorry, I don't have RAVE - Didn't really want to purchase a copy to locate a single wire.

Surely someone must know where an iBus wire is within the boot of a 2003 Range Rover ?

Regards,
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for the reply - I have started to download what I believe to be a RAVE manual to cover my 03 RR.
I'm keen to become a regular poster on this forum but both replies so far have lead to clues / tips ... (helpfull admitedly & with thanks) - maybe this is how this particular forum works, I don't know.
Again thanks for the pointers so far - I will continue on my quest.
Dave

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
RAVE is a definate must for anyone with a first gen L322 that is going to do their own work. Once you have RAVE in hand there are very few things you can't tackle in your own drive. Most folks use the multi model found here: http://www.landroverresource.com Once downloaded you simply click on "rave-lr.pdf" and it will run on any computer with acrobat. Some other version require a full install and use of various plug ins.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The i-bus wire is on many of the plugs around the tv/radio area. It is a white wire with a grey line down it and yellow bands around it. You can connect to it anywhere

·
Registered
228 Posts
In the boot (trunk), left hand compartment, there should be at least two connectors spare (unless you have the voice recognition AND the phone system). The iBus is White/Grey/Yellow (WSY as per RAVE).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts