RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the NNK10001 is really a working substitute for ERR 2946 (which seems to be obsolete)? Has anyone put that in?

This is from e-bay and I have not been able to cofirm this, hence asking if anyone has used it?

Herstellernummer:
NNK10001
Referenznummer(n) OEM:
NNK10001
Marke:
OE Brand
Referenznummer(n) OE:
AUU1691, GTM1014, NNK10001, NNK10001L, ERR2946, 73197A, GWA55701
EAN:
NNK10001
Hersteller:
OE Brand

- Kaitsu

·
Registered
745 Posts
Might be worth firing off a few emails to rimmers, British Atlantis, island4x4 ect, you never know they might have one lurking on the shelf.
also remember, if it doesn’t work, eBay will get your money back,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Done that, the responses have been "it's obsolete", "we don't know technicals" and "you should search for LR part number"- well i know that part#(!). General attitude seems to be "no can do, we don't know, or don't have it, period."

So that is why I posted question here if someone has tried any substitute that would work.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Have you not got any breakers with p38s in, doesn’t seem to be a part that fails to often, you might be able to grab a 2nd hand one cheap.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well, to answer my own question, yes, I think they probably are inter-changeable/ v similar. I have a Lemark equivalent to NNK 10001, which I have compared to my old sensor. for fridge/ ambient and a 50 degree oven they read: OEM SAGEM sensor 3.95 ohms/ 1.7/ 1.2 and for the LAT 033 3.75 ohms/ 2.7/ 1.39.

Thread's the same. connector's the same.

I just need to work out how the ECM is interpreting all this, as my ECM churns out some very cold temperatures - which implies some additional resistance somewhere. Bit of tactical contact cleaner...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Using fixed resistors I've mapped out the whole IAT Temp to Resistance table that my ECM is using, which follows a logarithmic curve. At 55 degrees my ECM would expect to see 344 ohms - wheareas either of the sensors I have are still up at 1.2 to 1.4K at that point (which my ECM will take as being about 10 degrees). Having the IAT so far off whack may have some unintended consequences (air density, etc), and so I made a short section of twin wires with a male and female JPT connector at the end, and soldered a 5.1K resistor across the two wires. The section can be removed easily, but gives me a temp jump of about 13 degrees. Prob the ECM learns around the shortfall with time, but every little helps. 20 degrees temp difference is about 10% in air density. Not sure that GEMS uses the IAT data for air density, but if it does, then I'm on it.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts