RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need honest advice please. I drive 35,000 miles per year (all highway) and I want reliability, comfort, style and safety. I have had almost every lux sedan you can think of but want SUV size. Am I going to be happy with an '07 or newer MKIII? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
565 Posts
LX570 for you. Reliability is not the strong suit of this car but Lexus has it down if you can deal with the exterior looks of it.

·
Registered
929 Posts
luxury1 said:
LX570 for you. Reliability is not the strong suit of this car but Lexus has it down if you can deal with the exterior looks of it.

My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
528 Posts
If I drove that much I'd want to know that I had a convenient dealer network along my route to take care of any unforseen problems. The desolation of Montana, for example, would not be a good place to need a Land Rover trained technician. I guess it depends on where you are located. 35k on the Eastern seaboard, no problem. 35k through the Badlands of the Dakotas, I'd be nervous. The RR is certainly comfortable for that kind of journey. With over 100k miles in 3 years, prepare for depreciation with a capital D. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
No they are not reliable, not even remotely! It also isn't uncommon for the dealer to fail several times when trying to make a repair. You know its bad when even the dealer isn't sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. Its a crying shame that they cannot get the technology to match the looks. Best looking vehicle on the road but not worth the frequency of dealer visits. Been there with BMW and MB in the past. Looks like I'll be going back to Lexus.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
nuneez1 said:
Thanks all. Its a crying shame that they cannot get the technology to match the looks. Best looking vehicle on the road but not worth the frequency of dealer visits. Been there with BMW and MB in the past. Looks like I'll be going back to Lexus.
The technology does match the looks, its really sophisticated and complex... Issues come with the territory. You're either a land rover man or you're not I suppose. :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
do you want to date a supermodel with a PhD?

high maintenance? shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhu yea!

but then, I'm on my second RRSc 06/08 and till this day, every time, yes every time I get in and drive, it's an event. It's just awesome.

debating the 2010 or wait for the new body.................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
405 Posts
My 08 and 09 have been completely reliable. Ford significantly improved the reliability so when people talk about Range Rovers and reliability, their experience is almost always with the 06 and older vehicles which had lots of problems. The Lexus is about as interesting as a refrigerator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi There!

This is Hannahh from Canada!

I'm new in this forum!
I have no idea on the topic!
I will ask some of my friends about your prob.
Thank's!....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
texige said:
My 08 and 09 have been completely reliable. Ford significantly improved the reliability so when people talk about Range Rovers and reliability, their experience is almost always with the 06 and older vehicles which had lots of problems. The Lexus is about as interesting as a refrigerator.
Thats more in keeping with what I have read myself. 2007 or newer. I must agree that the LX leaves me cold; inside and out.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Luetic said:
more like a supermodel/nympho/personal trainer/with a PhD/on permanent PMS
:lol: :lol: :lol:

+ hypochondriac, judging by the frequent messages such as suspension fault.

Hypochondriac: A person who has hypochondriasis, a disorder characterized by a preoccupation with body functions and the interpretation of normal body sensations (such as sweating) or minor abnormalities (such as minor aches and pains) as portending problems of major medical moment. Reassurance by physicians and others only serves to increase the hypochondriac's persistent anxiety about their health

Or perhaps with a few changes that definition applies more accurately to us the members of this forum?

RR Hypochondriac: A person who has RR hypochondriasis, a disorder characterized by a preoccupation with RR functions and the interpretation of normal sensations or minor abnormalities (such as minor engine noises, electrical issues, chirping, leather blemishes,)as portending problems of major mechanical moment. Reassurance by forum members, mechanics and others only serves to increase the RR hypochondriac's persistent anxiety about his (her) motor's health.

·
Registered
565 Posts
nuneez1 said:
Looks like I'll be going back to Lexus.
The LX570 has an amazing interior. It is very similar to my LS460 and it is so plush, comfortable and quiet. You definitely won't be disappointed. I considered it after my 2007 left me stranded but didn't want three Lexus vehicles and I wasn't fond of the exterior design either.

Range Rover owners are usually very tolerant of problems because we expect them and we love are cars. For most Rover owners, these are not point A to point B trucks.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
470 Posts
I have had 5 completely reliable LandRovers in a row. YMMV

1 - 17 of 17 Posts