RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the latest problem (overfuelling when cold) and all the other jobs i had got to do including new lpg system, complete brake overhaull, bushes and propshaft to mention a few, the wife was travelling in the back yesterday with the kids and she said that the car didnt feel right and wat she was explaining reminded me of theold mimi when it crabbed. So i had seen another car advertised at a car sales locally and went to have a look and done the deal. I collect tomorrow /wednesday at 5pm. So i have spent the day emptying the range rover. But i shall still be around as my dad has still got his diesel and i have to do all the work for him.
This is a brilliant site so keep up the good work.
Mark

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thats too bad... You'll be back with another one lol.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Come on ! Be a man ! Tell us what you traded your big macho Range for ? I guess you didn't tell us because you are ashamed, is it ? :twisted:

N.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I`me not ashamed :oops: but please dont laugh.
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/uvl/po ... distance=0
anyway i got a good deal on it and it drives nice, a bit quicker and quieter than my dads which suprised me. Full landrover service history 2 owners.
I Love my range rover but the repairs are coming weekly now and theres already so much to do, it was a hard decision to make and my wife is still getting upset about it.
I will stil be around with my dads car though.
Mark

·
Registered
206 Posts
pegasus said:
I`me not ashamed :oops: but please dont laugh.
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/uvl/po ... distance=0
anyway i got a good deal on it and it drives nice, a bit quicker and quieter than my dads which suprised me. Full landrover service history 2 owners.
I Love my range rover but the repairs are coming weekly now and theres already so much to do, it was a hard decision to make and my wife is still getting upset about it.
I will stil be around with my dads car though.
Mark
Two things:

1) It's not as bad as I first thought. You''ll still be suffering a little bit from LR's quirks... I mean, designs... althought not as much as us, RR owners.

2) quitter :mrgreen:

N.

PS: thanks kmagnuss, almost forgot to extend the RR.net farewell....

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's not a car it's a Range Rover.
At least you have stayed with the lode lane stable.
Enjoy your new Solihull transport it looks tremendous.
:thumb:

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
THere is nothing wrong with a DiscoII. Well except that they are claustrophobic around the shoulders, a pain to get in and out of, seats are a pain in the fanny and they blow head gaskets as bad as P38s. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys
It does seem a nice car, i would have loved a mk3 range rover but couldnt run to that much.
There is one thing with this car that i`me not used to though............Everything works........well at least they did when i test drove it :think:
Mark

·
Registered
701 Posts
I almost bought a Disco. They are nice, I just really like my range though... I would actually buy one and sell the rover, if it wasn't for the head gasket failures and oil pump tsbs. Yours is a diesel, you should be fine ;). LR3s are to expensive and so are the MKIII ranges. I kinda want one vehicle cause it is kind of a pain maintaining two. There is a nice 2002 here locally with only 54k miles on it, very clean. They are asking 15k for it though.... IDK i just assume keep mine :) .

·
Registered
407 Posts
kmagnuss said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh wait :crybaby2: Another one bites the dust
Wish you well. Enjoy the disco, almost got one but oil pump was a no no for me.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Disco's are good vehicles but.......you bought a diesel....probelry worse than a P38
I've yet to hear of a diesel motor not giving trouble with over the top repair bills on motors

I'm thinking of buying a good Disco 1 for mental off roading, my P38 can do the gentle off raoding like beaches

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been through all the bills tonight and the guy who had it before spent a fortune at landrover the cheapest bill was £450, anything they put on a report he had done about a week later. There is even a report for a small oil leak on the transfer box and dated 1 week later is a bill for £1550.00 for the transfer and main gear box to be fitted with all new seals.
I hope its at least as good as my dads 02 p38 diesel, he doesnt have much trouble with that and i can see all the big stuff has been done on this as long as it lasts.
Got to admit although i loved my range rover this car seems a lot tighter when driving, but there is a fair diffrence in the ages
Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts