RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the day, I set out with a fellow Jeep, I know, I know, :naughty: One of my friends from way back, with two little ones of his own. Next year I will ditch the Coopers and go with the snows and chains. Enjoy.

Couple miles off the highway on a 2 lane dirt road.

6 miles in taking a smaller single lane fire road branch off the main.

Coopers getting caked up in 8-10" of snow.

Yay, we found our tree; only 100 feet down a ravine.

Ax or hatchet was not going to fit here.

Doesn't look like it, but this ended up being 11 feet.

Bring all the kiddos back up first.

Then the trees.

Ah, nice.

On to some fun!

All decorated, with only 25% of our ornaments, because these wild trees are not like Home Depot noble firs. :lol:

Also my son's first Christmas where he can reach the tree...

Video coming.

Just noticed my screen resolution wasn't high enough and the forum was cutting of my pictures... :x

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well done EEE.

I always new those Coopers were crap ! They have a poor reputation in Australia for their inability to handle the heat(or snow) ?

Thanks for the family pics, looks like the whole crowd enjoyed the festivities. I saw on-line this afternoon from PBS that there are a few people stateside struggling these Holidays than last, but at least my ebay purchases are going to help out somewhere.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

P.S. It's 40+ degrees celcius in Perth, W.A. at the moment & I'm sitting at the CPU with my "chilly wind" blowing to the max.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vinniman said:
Well done EEE.

I always new those Coopers were crap ! They have a poor reputation in Australia for their inability to handle the heat(or snow) ?

Thanks for the family pics, looks like the whole crowd enjoyed the festivities. I saw on-line this afternoon from PBS that there are a few people stateside struggling these Holidays than last, but at least my ebay purchases are going to help out somewhere.
Thanks vinni!

Lone Rangerover said:
Would be interested in some more detailed feedback on whyand in what situations those coopers suckbin the snow.

ie braking, acceleration or ?
I have some thoughts here about on-road performance in the snow:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35586

I think they are "ok" though off-road + snow. (You just aren't going to beat chains, duh, but chains to fit those Coopers are going to be $550+ as per the link above.) Off road in the deeper stuff - @ 285, they are just too wide and are not going to want to really bite.

Off-road without snow, they are the peanut butter and jelly of Sports though, just about everything you could need. They are quite soft and grip well over the hard stuff, but still hold up well.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,468 Posts
Great pics EEE...nice family portrait there...could be a Xmas card for next year too!

Keep the snow coming...that looks very nice up there, nice little adventure...maybe time for a roof rack soon!

:D :D

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
awesome adventure

·
Registered
136 Posts
how do you keep your truck soooooooo CLEAN?

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.

PJPR01 said:
Great pics EEE...nice family portrait there...could be a Xmas card for next year too!

Keep the snow coming...that looks very nice up there, nice little adventure...maybe time for a roof rack soon!

:D :D
We'll try to keep the snow for you. :D I'd love a rack, and sliders, and rod mod, and, and... :lol:

mark511 said:
how do you keep your truck soooooooo CLEAN?
It's funny I didn't notice until now, those pics make it look pretty clean! I assure you in the winter it gets nasty and since I don't let anyone wash it (even though it already has sage brush pinstriping) it stays yucky for most of the season. :( Maybe it's time I give up.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Looks like fun...nice job 3E!

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gooseyloosey said:
texas911 said:
Wow! That's totally cool. Are the trees free?
Um, 3E you were in Idaho right?

http://uwnews.org/article.asp?articleID=54276
$10 for a permit, up to 12ft and, well, half a tank of gas.

:lol: @ the goose.

I did promise video; this is the first I have ever made! Be kind. :wink: Sorry for the lack of Rover content; I didn't have any footage before we got the tree on, otherwise I would have had that at the beginning. :evil:

[youtube:1efdw0qp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlFnfMiLVZU[/youtube:1efdw0qp]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts