Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday, I ended up winning this on eBay at a bargain basement price for $265:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231426151951

It'll probably be a week before it gets here but I was hoping someone has the installation directions so I could do some recon work this weekend and see how complicated this might be. In return, I'll make a nice video of the install and post it here.

Has anyone taken this on before?

From what I understand I'll also need the following:

TOWING ELECTRIC KIT : http://landrover.niello.com/accessories.php?action=details&catalog_id=9221&category=380

REAR HITCH PANEL : http://landrover.niello.com/accessories.php?action=details&catalog_id=9219&category=380

Does anyone have an actual photo of the Rear Hitch Panel?

Are these all the required parts? VPLWT0113, VPLWT0115, VPLWB0137

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: I scored real big, but now I need some help [Towing package]

I'd just call the JLR service dept and ask them to email you install instructions. Cadillac has done that for me many times, id reckon JLR would as well.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,633 Posts

Hi Trez, you helped me a lot last year when you alerted the forum to the fact that the towing package was available just before my order change date deadline in January. I'm out of town now, but I'll try to get a couple of pictures of my tow setup in a couple of days when I get back. I looked at the pictures of the Niello parts in your thread and I couldn't make heads or tails of what the picture is all about.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hi Trez, you helped me a lot last year when you alerted the forum to the fact that the towing package was available just before my order change date deadline in January. I'm out of town now, but I'll try to get a couple of pictures of my tow setup in a couple of days when I get back. I looked at the pictures of the Niello parts in your thread and I couldn't make heads or tails of what the picture is all about.
Awesome man! Thank you. I'm actually really looking forward to taking on this project. My buddy has offered to come over and help so I look forward to creating the video for everyone. If we can get it done within 4-6 hours, it would be a great DIY project for everyone and could save almost $1000. I'm actually considering not installing the electronics initially because I'm mostly installing it to get a bike-rack on the car so the electronics won't do much for me. I will likely order them, and if they are simple enough then I'll do it myself.

·
Registered
754 Posts

Can't wait.
I'm actually thinking of the same thing. Need a bike rack. Thanks ahead for the video.

-ThinkMac-

Awesome man! Thank you. I'm actually really looking forward to taking on this project. My buddy has offered to come over and help so I look forward to creating the video for everyone. If we can get it done within 4-6 hours, it would be a great DIY project for everyone and could save almost $1000. I'm actually considering not installing the electronics initially because I'm mostly installing it to get a bike-rack on the car so the electronics won't do much for me. I will likely order them, and if they are simple enough then I'll do it myself.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,633 Posts

Here you go Trez. I think the panel they are referring to is the black panel under the hitch. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I believe that the gray panel has to be replaced also, as the stock doesn't have the proper shape or cutout (the above pics show the new panel not the original stock)..

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Awesome pix 383vett! Thank you
And Maxcap, you are correct. I know that I can order that top plastic part, but I'm not sure if that bottom plastic part comes with it or if it comes with the tow bar assembly (or if it's a separate item). We'll find out soon enough. Looks like my car will look relatively exposed for a week or so while I get all the parts together.

·
Registered
4 Posts

If I'm not mistaken... the hitch assembly came with the replacement internal bumper structure / receiving hitch, and the 2 plastic parts came together as rear cover replacements. Not sure how big the "rear ended" RR sport collision market is, but there will probably be plenty of the old covers and bumper assemblies on the market.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

If I'm not mistaken... the hitch assembly came with the replacement internal bumper structure / receiving hitch, and the 2 plastic parts came together as rear cover replacements. Not sure how big the "rear ended" RR sport collision market is, but there will probably be plenty of the old covers and bumper assemblies on the market.
This is what I had suspected. Thanks for verifying.
I paid a fortune for freight shipping to get it to about 15 miles of my house. Let's hope this was worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts