RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving in the Bay Area yesterday I saw the old girl, she looked as good as ever. I knew it was her because she, while still woodcote green, still had the chip in the grill guard, and the sharkfin antenna from the XM radio that I had installed.

So if you are in the bay area with a '99 Woodcote Green VIN ending in xa406016 please treat her well. As she was loved and is truly missed. :crybaby2:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Its one off those aged old sayings " you'll miss it when its gone"

And noting your sig I see your are on the hunt for another.Mercs dont do it for me and a few of my customers have the MIL series with much regret ever buying the junk, there quote was its not for off road use despite what merc claims

·
Registered
701 Posts
I've often thought about getting a mercedes. But its not the same.... I haven't found a vehicle that I get as much satisfaction out of driving as a RR. Every time I see my rover sitting in the drive way, or leaving it to go to work. I stare at it, wishing I was still behind the wheel driving it. I don't know what it is about a RR that makes me like them so much. W/E it is its got me coming back for more. And I will probably never buy another vehicle besides LR again (maybe a jaguar ;) ). I hope you find another range to put in your drive way soon.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, and I feel the same way too. The only reason that I purchased the Mercedes was due to its bullet proof reliability (It really is) while in college, and knowing that I didn't have time to go off-roading.

I haven't had any problems driving the Benz, except for thinking about how plain it is, until getting in a Ford :x . After much thought, and difficulty looking for the perfect truck, I have decided to wait for a year to pay off the Mercedes, then get another Rover.

P.S. you know its a relationship when you remember the VIN by heart, even after 3 years seperation.

·
Registered
701 Posts
What kind of merc are you driving. I've thought about getting rid of my hyundai for something with a little more personality.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ML320, and not much personality, but very reliable and VERY SAFE...
The emergency break assist has seen more than its share of use, the ESP as well.
and I consider myself a fairly safe driver.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
go leave a card on it and buy it back from them. :idea:

·
Registered
701 Posts
lol! thats something I would do. It might also say "take care of it or else!". I like the ML320, but I already have 2 suvs...I was more interested in replacing the santa fe with an E-class. I'd be taking a risk though, the santa fe is an 04 and only has 50k miles on it, so I better just keep driving that rice burner. I do have to say, having the rover as a 2nd car, is wonderful. You get headaches over it, but not migraines :thumb: . I would get an older one, like a 98 if I were you. The gems rovers are CHEAP CHEAP right now. One of the guys on the forum just bought one not too far from me, a 98 for $1700.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lrscott said:
lol! thats something I would do. It might also say "take care of it or else!". I like the ML320, but I already have 2 suvs...I was more interested in replacing the santa fe with an E-class. I'd be taking a risk though, the santa fe is an 04 and only has 50k miles on it, so I better just keep driving that rice burner. I do have to say, having the rover as a 2nd car, is wonderful. You get headaches over it, but not migraines :thumb: . I would get an older one, like a 98 if I were you. The gems rovers are CHEAP CHEAP right now. One of the guys on the forum just bought one not too far from me, a 98 for $1700.
I really wanted to follow them...

They were driving the opposite direction as me, almost everything in me said turn around and follow them, but I would have had objections from the other passengers of my car.

I'm still gonna wait... I can't start a project yet, and the wrong Rover will be a project, because that one was for the dealer (it was under warranty).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts