RangeRovers.net Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
the cooper tires were heavy and my rrs struggled on the road especially when going uphill. mpg was down to 16-17. replaced them with yokohama from discount tire and they work great for on road and occasional off road driving.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Makes sense. I can say that the DuraTracs are heavier still. I am not ready to make any final statements on them, but I certainly notice a difference in the ride, turn in feels more squishy and acceleration takes more skinny pedal. Traction is awesome though, so far. Hoping for some more snow so I can test them in that. If they outperform the Coopers, I will probably keep them and accept the difference in handling and mpg.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you guys for all the information.

One important question. Can changing to bigger tire affect the dealer service package?

Lets say there was some problem with suspension. Can the dealer refuse to repair it as part for the servicing package and will require me to pay for it?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thank you guys for all the information.

One important question. Can changing to bigger tire affect the dealer service package?

Lets say there was some problem with suspension. Can the dealer refuse to repair it as part for the servicing package and will require me to pay for it?
When I went to my tire shop they had some sort of spec sheet that they said they got from Land Rover. It actually went up to 285 50 20. If they actually got that from Land Rover than should be fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This may have already been answered so if so, apologies for the double post.

What is the smallest size wheel you can get with the Dynamic Package? (red brembo brakes) My RRS SC currently has 21in tires but I'm considering going smaller so I can have better tire options.

The online configurator only lets you pick 20in tires with the dynamic package so I'm guessing that's my answer.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Makes sense. I can say that the DuraTracs are heavier still. I am not ready to make any final statements on them, but I certainly notice a difference in the ride, turn in feels more squishy and acceleration takes more skinny pedal. Traction is awesome though, so far. Hoping for some more snow so I can test them in that. If they outperform the Coopers, I will probably keep them and accept the difference in handling and mpg.
Same experience, Dave. I had the DuraTracs on another vehicle and found them to be very squishy. In the winter they are very good. But as you know, taking a turn too fast will get you in trouble. Traction was excellent without a doubt, but handling was crappy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just picked up some 20in wheels and a pair of Nitto G2's (265/50). Should fit my dynamic RRS great. I'm planning to keep both sets of tires and switch out when needed.

I'm not sure if they exist, but are there any tire storage places in Orange County that you can pay to store your extra set of wheels?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
208 Posts
This may have already been answered so if so, apologies for the double post.

What is the smallest size wheel you can get with the Dynamic Package? (red brembo brakes) My RRS SC currently has 21in tires but I'm considering going smaller so I can have better tire options.

The online configurator only lets you pick 20in tires with the dynamic package so I'm guessing that's my answer.
20 inch factory tires will fit a V8 Dynamic. Mine are powder coated black. The tires are BFGoodrich T/A KO2 in 275/55/20. No rubbing at all in any height setting. here's a picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
20 inch factory tires will fit a V8 Dynamic. Mine are powder coated black. The tires are BFGoodrich T/A KO2 in 275/55/20. No rubbing at all in any height setting. here's a picture:
I was looking at getting these for my HSE. Can you provide a quick review of the tires?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I used this Tire Calculator and it gave me a warning with the BFGoodrich T/A KO2 in 275/55/20. It says there's more than a 3% variance. What can happen when the variance gets to large? Here's a photo showing my current setup (RRS SC Dynamic 21in) going to the BF Goodrich Tire vs the Nitto Terra G2, which is the tire I ended up buying for my car.

http://screencast.com/t/gYMBJuZDh

btw. Here's the calculator if anyone else wants to try it.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Assuming of course you are replacing all 4 tires, nothing happens. Your speedo will be off about 3/4%, that's all. It's only when you mix wheels / tires of different overall dimensions and circumference that a variance that large is going to matter. Unless it is minimal (I'd say under 1% for a 4x4 vehicle such as the Sport, you could probably get away with a 3% difference on 2WD cars), you are going to have problems with the transmission and the drive train in the long run.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
208 Posts
I used this Tire Calculator and it gave me a warning with the BFGoodrich T/A KO2 in 275/55/20. It says there's more than a 3% variance. What can happen when the variance gets to large? Here's a photo showing my current setup (RRS SC Dynamic 21in) going to the BF Goodrich Tire vs the Nitto Terra G2, which is the tire I ended up buying for my car.

http://screencast.com/t/gYMBJuZDh

btw. Here's the calculator if anyone else wants to try it.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator
Assuming of course you are replacing all 4 tires, nothing happens. Your speedo will be off about 3/4%, that's all. It's only when you mix wheels / tires of different overall dimensions and circumference that a variance that large is going to matter. Unless it is minimal (I'd say under 1% for a 4x4 vehicle such as the Sport, you could probably get away with a 3% difference on 2WD cars), you are going to have problems with the transmission and the drive train in the long run.
Another thing to keep in mind is the spare tire. I have a full size spare with BFGoodrich T/A KO2 in 275/55/20. The donut tire will not work. Before anyone asks - the full size spare with BFGs fits in the spare wheel area while fully inflated.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Are you saying a 275 55 20 tire is going to hurt the drivetrain on a sport?

61 - 80 of 111 Posts