RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 09 RRS HSE Lux, Stornaway Grey with 20" Stormer wheels.

What's your opinion on changing the front grill to a supercharger version. Yes or no?

I know it's a matter of taste but, i would just like to see what you guys think.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the supercharger grill from a 2009 rrs looks much better then from the "normal" version. on 2010 its contrary the grill from the "normal" version looks better the the grill from the SC i.m.o im already changed it by my SC - but when you change it dont forget the side vents too...

greets

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bobleter77 said:
the supercharger grill from a 2009 rrs looks much better then from the "normal" version. on 2010 its contrary the grill from the "normal" version looks better the the grill from the SC i.m.o im already changed it by my SC - but when you change it dont forget the side vents too...

greets
Thanks. Do you guys think that i have to change the side vents too? I kinda like the grayed out look on the side vents cause it matches with my body paint. But if you guys think that it will look funny if i didn't change it to the SC version, then i will go ahead and change that too.

Many thanks again.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would do what you personally like. You're the one who's going to be seeing and driving it so as long as you like it, then I would say that's good.

I would say just get the SC grill first since that's what you wanted in the first place and then see how everything looks together. If you think it looks awkward without the side vents, then I would proceed from there.

Post some pics when you get it done.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I strongly recommend switching the standard grill out for the supercharged grill
for the '06 - '09 models.

And yes, you must switch the side vents to the s/c as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At Law said:
I strongly recommend switching the standard grill out for the supercharged grill
for the '06 - '09 models.

And yes, you must switch the side vents to the s/c as well.
Thanks. The SC grill should fit perfectly on my HSE grill, right? No adjustments? Same number/position of clips?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Straight swap, identical grills. The one color I think the gray 2006-2009 HSE grill doesn't look half bad is the Stornoway or Bonatti gray, if you are going for the monochromatic look... But the silver S/C grill definitely livens up the front end on any color Sport.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I actually went the other way, my Stornoway TDV8 had the S/C grill as standard, I changed it for the standard grill from my TDV6(but with the black/silver logo), I like the "colour coded" look better

·
Registered
270 Posts
I changed both the grill and the side vents. I think it kind of ties the truck together better than half super charged, half regular.

My rover is red though.

Pics please.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I can't tell the difference! I know that there is a difference, but never see it on other RRSs.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i believe i have an extra s/c grille in my garage somewhere -- its the original one that came with the RRS...
i ordered an extra one, removed the grey border, and had it chromed to match the chrome side view mirror caps

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Now all you need is a supercharger, brembos, the seats, the rear badge, and the tailpipes :thumb:

·
Registered
385 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
Now all you need is a supercharger, brembos, the seats, the rear badge, and the tailpipes :thumb:
:roll: :roll:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts