RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the "Collective" hive minds help w/ pic on dashboard

Please help me obirangerovers.netkenobi your my only hope.

2013 HSE L405 when my wife's turning and or making a uturn this picture shows up on the dashboard....

20180105_190346_022.jpg

What does it mean? Out of differential fluid? Go to the dealership? Losing traction?

I looked in the owners manual, nada.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
Re: I need the "Collective" hive minds help w/ pic on dashbo

It is showing which your tyres are pointing. :lol:

Seriously, that is all it is.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Lol. Thank you. I’m a car hypochondriac!

It is showing which your tyres are pointing. :lol:

Seriously, that is all it is.

·
Registered
623 Posts

not aware of any icons that just pop up and show tire direction while in D...... is she in off road mode or low or some other mode?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts

He is not referring to an icon, he is referring to the direction of the tyres on the central graphic. When the steering senses full steering direction changes the graphic will show the directions of the tyres. It's designed for clarity when completing tight maneuvers like UTurns or parallel parking. Naturally it does the same in any mode to assist when in snow, mud etc. Now I am not sure if that carries through all years. The older 405s I've had here in the shop do it any time I bring them into one of the bays.

·
Registered
623 Posts

My bad I guess. I thought he was referring to the icon of the wheels and axels. I’ve never seen that in d mode on my 17, 10 or 06 models.

·
Registered
389 Posts

Never seen this on my 2016 and 2017. I’m assuming in perhaps some special mode ?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts

My bad I guess. I thought he was referring to the icon of the wheels and axels. I’ve never seen that in d mode on my 17, 10 or 06 models.

Correct, the L322s did not have this. As I posted it was the older 405s with this that I noticed. Now I haven't spent much time in a 16 or 17 yet but most likely wouldn;t notice it anyway. :lol:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Rrtoadhall I always assumed you were some rich geezer in Washington state on a private island, not working for a Land Rover dealer. No wonder your so knowledgeable being or owning or working for a dealer... thanks for the help, Your a yuuuuge resource on here.

Correct, the L322s did not have this. As I posted it was the older 405s with this that I noticed. Now I haven't spent much time in a 16 or 17 yet but most likely wouldn;t notice it anyway. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts

This was a 13-14 image, they did away with this for the 14.5's I think but I may not remember correctly. I believe 14 was the MY when they had 3 distinct configs thru the model year: 14, 14.25 and 14.5.

·
Banned
107 Posts

This was a 13-14 image, they did away with this for the 14.5's I think but I may not remember correctly. I believe 14 was the MY when they had 3 distinct configs thru the model year: 14, 14.25 and 14.5.
Got you. Mine is March 14, and I checked earlier and that graphic doesn't appear at any time no matter what program, info mode or ride height I select. Thanks for the clarification.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts