RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have develope a leak on one of the rear air bags, the leak is at the top, it almost looks like the air is coming out from between the piston and the bag at one point only. I would apprecieate any help... :crybaby2:

Scotty

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Intresting turn of events, I removed the leaking Air Bag, first off I'm surprised at how easy it was to remove. Anyway I see nothing wrong with the bag where it was leaking around the top plastic seal part, it's clean. The next thing which I found to be very intresting is that the bags on the back of the car are Arnott's, the question is which Arnott's are they, and don't they have a life time warrenty?
The bar code on the top shows that the bag was manufactured on 06/25/05

HELP...

Scotty

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Scotty,
Shoot Arnott an email mate and give them the bar code off it. Worth asking me thinks...
Do you not see any cracking in the rubber bag? I had a lot of small cracks in mine when I replaced them.

Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do on the bottom Martin, but the leak is at the top where the plastic insert is and it's clean...
I did e-mail Arnott, I think there warrenty only cover the original purchaser I have the reciept though...
Scotty

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Are you talking about where the air hose goes into the bag? If so, just replace the o-rings and trim back your hose 1 mm or so, and even it up with a pencil sharpener.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Mag, I was talking about where the bag seats at the top to the plastic mount ( the insert to the bag ) I did remove it and cleaned the seat with steel wool and presto no leak. However to your point I now have a leak at the collet where the line goes into the bag. So I did remove the line and cut it back about a 1/4" reinstalled it and it still leaks, the pencil sharpener thing is new to me though.
Hey about eight months ago I built my own manuel air system really very clean, and most of you guys liked it however most of you guys said that it looked like a lot of possible leaking points well I bow down to you guys, you were all correct, I removed it yesterday because 8 months later it leaked every where even at the on and off knobs on the valves! I spent a small fortune on all the stainless steel parts that had a burst point of 600. Any who yesterday I removed it I was very happy you guys said that I should be sure to use the 6mm line as instead of the 1/4" line I was going to use. But to the point I found that when I put all the original lines back in yesterday they all leaked so I trimed them all and they still leaked. I then drove the car for a couple of hours after, and now no leaks I wondered if they just needed time to heat up and seat.. Do you think that I should replace the o-rings or wait and see what happens? Will they leak again?

Thanks

Scotty

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I'm not mistaken leaving the hatch open I should see a leak down at a spacific corner if I have a leak. Can anyone confirm please.

Scotty

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Leaving a door open will disable the EAS and stop it adjusting.

This wouldn't happen to be a left hand rear would it - i.e. the opposite side from the fuel filler?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
If you want to close the doors, just pull the eas relay under the drivers seat mate.... :thumb:
I have had lines seal themselves on the big rig, dont ask me how but they do on a regular basis.
I have never had an issue using 1/4" line or connectors, just a LOT easier for me to get (same size as @1/2 of the big rig lines). Difference is .4mm IIRC, and a compression fitting will take that up any day of the week IMHO

Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Rich it's the right side. I think i'll build another manuel system but this time keep it simple. I don't understand how the manuel system works with out the on and off valve, All the valves I try leak.

Scotty

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Scotty,
While looking for a manual valve to fill my big rig, I found the schrader valves to 1/4" airline connectors at NAPA mate! They work excellent and would be great for a manual fill system (wish I had found them sooner...). 4 of those and 4 T pieces, you would be set.

Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Martin..

Scotty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts