RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, in order for me to save hundreds of dollars on shipping and "brokerage fees" I need a new friend that lives near the Canadian border so I can get things shipped to you and I will come pick them up as soon as you call me and make it worth your while. There is nothing illegal about this, it's a loophole that finally works for the average guy trying to save a few bucks. I want to buy a set of chromed 18 inch hurricane wheels ( stock on my truck ) and do a wheel exchange for my factory wheels and it will only cost me $595 USD for the rims but if I have them shipped to me in Canada the price doubles. I'm getting them from LA Wheels and tire and they are awesome looking and a great deal at $595 but it is only worth it if I don't have to pay the fees for crossing the border. A person going down to the lower 48 states can legally return with $300 worth of goods duty free so I'll just claim 2 wheels and the wife will claim the other 2 and we're good to go. I'd get them done up here but believe it or not nobody in CanaDUH does chrome plating. Geez, what a country. Just shoot me a PM and we'll talk. Thanks, Tom. :pray: :pray: :pray:

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Just a word of caution from my experiences with LA wheels. They are great items for off roading, but not for show. Both sets of rims I have purchased from then have has waves, pits and "hairs" in the chrome work. They don't even bother polishing all of the chrome, only the face. When approached with these findings, with photos, they said I could certainly send them back at my expence but htat the flaws shown were acceptable for their quality control. In addition, even though new lugs were advertised with the rims, it took over 6 months to receive the lugs with the second purchase. Again, they are fine for off road rims that I didn't care if they got banged up, but i would bever purchase from them again for street quality rims where appearance matters.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, thanks for the warning Carl. Oh how I love this site, it's so great that we all have this tool to keep us from getting burned by unscrupulous dealers out there. :thumb: How about Wheel Concepts in Newbury Park, Los Angeles? Have you or anyone else had any dealings with them? because they produce the same rims on an exchange program and they are about $140 cheaper for the rims but they charge for shipping. $210 for both ways to Montana and then for the return trip for my rims to go back to them. :mrgreen:
I can't thank you enough Carl for the info, guess I'll just have to get you good and plowed on my Newfy Screech at the reunion at Johns this year. :wink: Thanks pal. Tom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts