2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out I live in Hawaii!

Fantastic. Beaches. Bikinis.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Sadly, I must agree that the general population here is pretty ignorant of international affairs... and domestic for that matter. Its pretty amazing really because many of these people vote too. Only about 55% of Americans even have a clue who the Taliban are, and yet we lead the way in Afghanistan. *sigh*

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Heaven help us all... the hawaiian lands in a couple hours. :?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
Things are funnier when true.

I would only add a place for LA, New York and Texas, those three are really not connected to the rest of America.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I was going through customs at London Heathrow the other day (actually nearly a year ago), the person in front of me couldn't find his passport in his bag, the official asked him what country he was from and he said Texas. I lowered my head in shame. Fortunately he eventually fished out his US passport and was allowed through after a bit of a lecture about having the passport ready next time. :roll:

·
Registered
69 Posts
At least you have an island to live on!!!
We don't even exist !! 8-0=
"I sink therefore I am"

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Captain Pugwash said:
At least you have an island to live on!!!
We don't even exist !! 8-0=
Not a problem - our Constitution allows for you to become a State of the Big Island. (This is true, BTW.)

An Act to constitute the Commonwealth of Australia. [9th July 1900]

6. "The Commonwealth" shall mean the Commonwealth of Australia as established under this Act.

"The States" shall mean such of the colonies of New South Wales, New Zealand, Queensland, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia, and South Australia, including the northern territory of South Australia, as for the time being are parts of the Commonwealth, and such colonies or territories as may be admitted into or established by the Commonwealth as States; and each of such parts of the Commonwealth shall be called "a State".
Which is probably why Oz has so many Kiwis living here.

Captain Pugwash said:
"I sink therefore I am"
`)

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
have fun over there Ron........wish I could come too!! :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Fine by me Ron - being a Brit expat, I don't mind which colony I live in `)
Might even be able to get some decent spares for the Rangie !!

Have fun in the the big place

1 - 10 of 10 Posts