RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Illinois took on a lot of water last week... I had an opportunity to drive my RRS SC in water 3 foot high with no problems (in some areas)! Here are a coupe pictures next some water :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Its always nice to see water pics :thumb: ...you really did 3'?

One thing you do have to be careful of driving on flooded streets is the manhole covers tend to pop off during floods. Nothing quite like dropping a wheel into the city sewer system to ruin an otherwise carefree drive over to Home Depot to buy a sump pump.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
The purpose of showing a photo is to proof the "tall" part of the tale.
There's a ton of adventures i've had but haven't posted about because of lack of good photos; my chupacabra encounter, climbing out the sunroof when I buried the RRS in the sand, my RRS being lifted by ETs with a tractor beam.
Some members have the gift of prose and can tell a story in a way that even an actual photo of the incident, no matter how amazing, pales by comparison, so the photo becomes more of a hindrance.
Before you go off and sign up for prose lesson's just take a tape measure and see where 3 feet come up on the side of your RRS.
I know, I know maybe it felt like 3', but you'd be surprised how deceiving a 6" deep puddle can be.

Look at the bright side you can use those cool pics as a pretty cool avatar of your RRS, shows your dope van and everything, are you rolling 16s on that thing?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
rafa said:
The purpose of showing a photo is to proof the "tall" part of the tale.
There's a ton of adventures i've had but haven't posted about because of lack of good photos; my chupacabra encounter, climbing out the sunroof when I buried the RRS in the sand, my RRS being lifted by ETs with a tractor beam.
Some members have the gift of prose and can tell a story in a way that even an actual photo of the incident, no matter how amazing, pales by comparison, so the photo becomes more of a hindrance.
Before you go off and sign up for prose lesson's just take a tape measure and see where 3 feet come up on the side of your RRS.
I know, I know maybe it felt like 3', but you'd be surprised how deceiving a 6" deep puddle can be.

Look at the bright side you can use those cool pics as a pretty cool avatar of your RRS, shows your dope van and everything, are you rolling 16s on that thing?
In your neck of the woods you forgot about big foot breaking loose from your roof rack as you were bringing him to Oregon State for studies. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gooseyloosey said:
Its always nice to see water pics :thumb: ...you really did 3'? quote]

Yep, 3 foot. It came above mid door while in off road height... I will admit, I was a little worried...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kstatenupe said:
Looks photo shopped to me...

Would have been more believable if you had pics of you driving through the flooded streets.
Not photo shopped...

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
TripleE said:
We're jokin' b_arra. :thumb: I guess my first post sent the whole thread down that road. 8~

That, plus the truck being in the only dry patch of Holiday inn parking lot.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
801 Posts
We had serious flooding where I live (suburb of Milwaukee), and I had to cross a rushing stream of water (not enough to push my truck laterally); probably just under 2' deep. There were people trapped in our golf subdivision clubhouse, and I shuttled them out over a period of about an hour. Pretty cool lifting the truck in off-road mode and running right through it.

A good friend of mine (across the street from me) had 16" of water in his basement, ruining everything (no flood insurance: considering his property, none should have been needed). Unbelievable water we had.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts