Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here goes...........I've had my soft dash '95 classic 3.9SE for 15 years now and never managed to get the exhaust right. I've had cheap rubbish that barely lasted a year but did sound OK before it broke, I've had a mega expensive stainless steel custom made unit that sounded OK at a standstill but was so loud on the motorway it gave me a headache after very few miles. I've had manifold bolts and y-pipe bolts fall out and various other exhaust troubles. Currently I have an expensive mild steel system that sounds like I'm driving an out of tune trombone, especially on the motorway between 2500-3500 rpm.
There surely has to be an answer to this??? I just want it to sound like it did when it came out of the factory (ie: very quiet), is that too much to ask?
Any opinions welcomed, you may see this on different forums as I'm asking the question of everyone I know!

· Registered
330 Posts
retrofit to factory oe, if v8 it uses 2 mufflers thus it is very quiet.
This ^^^
If you want it to sound factory get factory. I think you can still source most of it. Check with Craddocks & Paddocks. A quick glance looked promising.

Option from the US but kind of pricey & plus shipping... https://www.roverparts.com/Parts/9938

· Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
13 Posts

· Registered
1,155 Posts
So is it Called LG
Like genuine
I got a lg exsaust off eBay
Easy install
But bottom rubbed when stuck in mud and busted open
I just weld small plates on it
Eventually will get maybe better lg muffler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.