RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got 19" Range Rover Sport wheels, need help with lugs

Bought them last week and got them today.
Since our stock lug nuts will NOT fit
I have the following question:

1. Will only 06-present lug nuts fit from either Range Rover or Range Rover sport?
2. I was told 03-05 will lug will not work for those wheels, true?
3. I was also told 2005+ Land Rover LR3 lug nuts are the same and will work?
4. There are cheap aftermarket ones on EBAY, but will 14mm x 1.5" work? What are the dimensions I need?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Re: I just got 19" Range Rover Sport wheels, need help with lugs

JaguarS4R said:
... but will 14mm x 1.5" work?
:? I think this has brightened up my so far rather boring day :lol:

back on topic, I've seen RRS rims on a P38 before so I'm sure its possible, couldnt say what wheel nuts you would need though. Maybe somone in the RRS section will know.

·
Registered
65 Posts

1. Will only 06-present lug nuts fit from either Range Rover or Range Rover sport?
2. I was told 03-05 will lug will not work for those wheels, true?
3. I was also told 2005+ Land Rover LR3 lug nuts are the same and will work?
1. Yes. Get the '06+ lugs if the wheels came from an '06+ RR. I do not know if the RR and RRS lugs are the same.
2. Apparently it was BMW that changed the lugs to a more conical shape, so those should work.
3. No idea on the LR3 lugs, just be safe and get the RR lugs.

When I bought my wheels they came with some aftermarket junk lugs, and they nearly stripped my hub bolts because they did not seat correctly. Don't buy the aftermarket junk, they will be nothing but trouble. Buy some hubcentric rings too - I just picked some up from ebay for $50. That way you won't have any vibration at higher speeds.

I'm happy to help if you have any other questions, I will answer what I can.

Here is my 98 4.0 with '06 19" wheels.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

MrKaira said:
3. No idea on the LR3 lugs, just be safe and get the RR lugs.

I just got the LR3 lug nuts, they are the same actually 05-09 is identical

Compatibility Between Model Years and with LR3/Disco3/RR Sport Wheels:
Officially, 2003-05 Range Rover wheels are incompatible with later models and vice versa, and all RR III wheels are incompatible with LR3 and RR Sport wheels. RR III wheels have a 57 mm offset, whereas 53 mm is used on the LR3 and RR Sport. Also, the earlier Range Rover lug nuts had square ends and the D3/LR3/Sport ones have tapered ends (see photo at right). In 2006, Range Rover wheels were redesigned to accept the RR Sport and LR3 lug nuts. However the 57 mm offset was retained.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

medcapequip said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-LIGHTWEIGHT-14x1-5-BLACK-LUG-NUTS-RANGE-ROVER_W0QQitemZ290374262263QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439ba79df7

How about these will these 14 x 1.5 mm work on 2003+ MKIII 19" wheels to be installed on a P38 RR? The aluminum will take off some weight on each corner if they work....?
thats what i asked but tango laughed at me

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts

seriously, at this price you can try. It's 1/10th of the price of OEM

·
Registered
284 Posts

Price is nice and if it works....the little weight savings is what I am more interested in. I just didn't realize that there were so many variations with wheel fittings from the same manufacturer!

I am glad I read this thread because I would have been frustrated if I tried to change to stock 19"s to find out the lug nuts do not fit. :thumb:

·
Registered
269 Posts

JaguarS4R said:
medcapequip said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-LIGHTWEIGHT-14x1-5-BLACK-LUG-NUTS-RANGE-ROVER_W0QQitemZ290374262263QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439ba79df7

How about these will these 14 x 1.5 mm work on 2003+ MKIII 19" wheels to be installed on a P38 RR? The aluminum will take off some weight on each corner if they work....?
thats what i asked but tango laughed at me
Wasn't laughing at your suggestion, just entertained by the use of metric and imperial in the same measurement :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts