RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I put this in another thread about 3-4 mgs ago to keep from starting a new 1, but never got an answer.

Late last yr, I was getting the "Normal height fault only" error, so after searching here, I saw that the drier could be the issue.

So, I bought a drier & relay (didn't get the valve) & after getting the drier & relay installed, the fault went away, but @the same time, I started hearing the burst of air @start up & sometimes after shutting the truck off, this of course was due to the truck self leveling etc.

Well eventually, after getting my rims refurbished, which left the truck jacked up a few days with no rims or tires, the fault came back & of course I still hear the air.

Now, the levelling works as it should, but kicks off after about a min or so & I get the fault, along with hearing the air. I think I'm more concerned with that part of it honestly, because I can't find much on the air burst noise...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine makes small bursts while the car is on maybe like 1 small chirp every 30-60 seconds? Should it not be doing that? The cars suspension has been acting weird lately and I did get some faults. I ordered a new front left sensor and the necessary bushings for the front end clunk/steering shimmy repair. These are the faultsSuspension

• C1A72-1C (28 ) Front left height sensor mechanism - General electrical
    failure - circuit voltage out of range
    ( on 29-03-2016 11:05:18 at 133870 km
    )
  • C1A03-1C (28 ) Front left height sensor - General electrical failure -
    circuit voltage out of range
    ( on 29-03-2016 11:05:08 at 133870 km )
  • C1A07-62 (6C) Cross articulation - Algorithm based failure - signal compare
    failure
    ( on 29-03-2016 12:02:14 at 133874 km )
  • C1130-66 (2C) Air spring air supply - Algorithm based failure - signal has
    too many transitions/events
    ( on 29-03-2016 12:11:20 at 133886 km )

·
LEGACY VENDOR
790 Posts
Dunno if this helps, but I've heard a couple of times now that if our vehicles are left on a hoist too long - with the wheels dangling @ maximum articulation - it stretches out the spring steel filament in the height sensors, and they either have to be replaced or something else.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That could be part of it. Like I say, mine (the fault) came after my wheels got refurbished, which had my truck jacked up for a few days...

Still doesn't really address the burst of air I hear tho, because that started shortly after my sir drier change...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Now, the levelling works as it should, but kicks off after about a min or so & I get the fault, along with hearing the air. I think I'm more concerned with that part of it honestly, because I can't find much on the air burst noise...
Judging by the (spare) description, it seems like your compressor exhaust hose was not fitted correctly and the pressure has blown it out of the seat. The exhaust now vents surplus air straight to atmosphere, instead of through the muffler at the end of the hose. This is the port on the right side rear of the Hitachi compressor. Reattach the hose.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Wojtek. I'll take a look @that. I did recently get a new compressor put on tho, & it's still doing the same. Everything now works as normal, no faults etc., but I just still hear the air when it's leveling...

·
Registered
227 Posts
TEverything now works as normal, no faults etc., but I just still hear the air when it's leveling...
Mine was exactly the same, I replaced the EAS compressor and no errors were shown. Probably because there is actually no reason for any errors, all works as intended apart from the small detail that the air goes straight out of the compressor and it should go through the muffler instead, hence the noise. I reattached the hose and now enjoy the silence.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wojtek, I'm usually pretty good with finding things, how to etc., but this 1, I couldn't seem to find 😨 (the hose to the muffler)

·
Registered
227 Posts
lr015303g_large_1.jpg
On the top dark grey part above the cylinder, the right port is compressor exhaust (this port is routed to the compressor muffler using one of the 10 mm hoses) the left is compressor intake using the other 10 mm hose.
This is if you have the Hitachi compressor, the later AMK upgrade is slightly different.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok. Yeah these are the ones I tried pushing in, but I could only do so much. I looked @my old compressor to see if they screwed in but see they only push in & out...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
5 Participants
TheWojtek
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing