RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it’s been below zero for a couple days with plenty of snow. My baby’s been outside because I’ve had my garage tied up working on my old shovelhead. Well I had to do some running at 4 in the morning. She started right away, I raised the height and off I went. The snow was 2 to 3 feet for about 3 miles ( no plows hit my area yet). The temperature was -12 at the time, I made it to a main road and dropped my height. Was cruising about 45 mph and my truck dropped down and hit my tires. I shut her off and restarted to reset the height and it wouldn’t raise but maybe a inch. The left front is making a sound like it’s airing but then there is a pop and the air releases. I have a suspension fault on the dash and the truck is resting all the way down on the tires.
I put her in the garage and turned the heat up to 80 to see if it’s from the cold. I’ve jacked it up and usually the suspension would drop. It’s not , the body is jacked up and the wheels are still in the fenders. Well not all the way maybe 3 inches of clearance. Normally with the battery hooked up the suspension would at least do something.
I’m letting the ice and snow melt off her then I’m going to pull the left front tire to see what the sound is.
Just a side note this truck laying all the way down to the tires still made it home through all that deep snow. Love my Rover.
Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
321 Posts
Your rover is experiencing a hard fault. Something is either leaking or the proper signal isn't reaching the ECU. Ideally, you should read codes from the suspension ECU to determine the exact cause of the issue. If this was mine, I would probably see if the code can be forcefully cleared by unplugging the battery and holding the positive and negative cables together for 10 minute or so.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will definitely do that, I have a generic reader that has worked for codes in the past and it’s not showing any codes

·
Registered
6 Posts
sounds like youll need a left front strut replacement. I switched out mine couple of years back easy job less than an hour. you can probably hear it leaking.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled the strut and yah it’s leaking from around the top that moves with the air fitting. The other sides I noticed did raise. I’ve since unhooked the battery and ordered a new strut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts