RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think this hole is supposed to be open? Need help identifying...a cap/plug?

Decided to hold on ordering gaskets until I knew it was the gaskets. Got under the car and cleaned it up and tightened the pan to 17lbs...Hoping that will help with the leaks. Many bolts were not tight. While under there I noticed this. Tried to pull up some good pics with no luck. Can someone confirm if this hole should be plugged? And what the part might be called if I order it?
photo (2).jpg

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
Re: I don't think this hole is supposed to be open? Need help identifying...a cap/plu

Year? Model? With the limited reference it looks like your bell housing inspection port. If so the plugs have a habbit of not being reinstalled by shops.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I don't think this hole is supposed to be open? Need help identifying...a cap/plu

Year? Model? With the limited reference it looks like your bell housing inspection port. If so the plugs have a habbit of not being reinstalled by shops.
2000 4.6 HSE...thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Sorry, misread the comment...saw the site was out of germany.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,215 Posts

I tried finding one over here in the UK and nobody had one kicking about :( I ended up using a thin bit of aluminium plate, and RTV'ing it on. Last time I checked, it was still in place. Should be easy enough to peel off when I next need to do work down there!

·
Registered
25 Posts

Bought some from Britcar (november), after I mislaid mine. :oops: I am sure they would turn up some time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts