RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 P38 Bosch left side driver.

Please help. My a/c is fully charged with no leaks. Both drain pipes are working and drain like a water hose when a/c is on. I am still getting water in drivers floor and it even looks like it is comming from above the gas pedal by the fire wall. It leaks so bad it also drains water from the left side doors. This is water (not anti-freeze). What am i missing? Is part of my a/c not working. I live in Texas and no rain yet.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I get the occasional piece of ice dropping onto my good ladies foot or the odd splash of water. Perhaps their jealous that they're being shared with someone else :lol:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Mine kept on doing this even though the drain tubes were clean it was leaking at the joints because of the ammount of water I pushed something upwards and removed some dirt and there was a screw blocking the system even though the drain tubes were fine the screw kept blocking it up, it still does it from time to time but its not half as bad

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The drain tubes are working. I'm getting cold water from under my driver side dash. (left driver) When press on the carpet you can see puddles. Something else must be wrong. I will investigate this weekend and take pics if I find anything. All a/c pressure is fine. It works great but this is alot of water.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,401 Posts
JeremyD said:
I wonder if anyone has a diagram showing the drain tubes
Here's some pics I took of mine (RHD car so you understand the dash layout):

The fact that rangeroverb lives in Texas and has had no recent rain points to condensate from the air con. Had there been rain I would have looked at the covers over the pollen filters.

rrb, do you wash your car? Maybe it is the pollen filters.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,401 Posts
No. That's the airduct from the blower on the left. However, maybe water could run down from the pollen filters via that duct.

See the mesh looking thing on the left in pic 3 - that's the evaporator. The bottom of the grey surround is the water collection tray. There is a drain at either end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts