RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got round to buying an i-bus interface, and wondered who else has got one and if they have any tips on using NCS Expert with the Range Rover systems?

For those who may be unaware of what these do:

i-BUS interface = this enables your laptop to speak to all the modules connected via the i-bus - the BMW system that everything plugs into.

NavCoder = this super bit of software can turn your bulb check warnings off, great for LED bulbs, and can do a few other things like code the Nav, phone and clock.

NCS Expert = Now this I'm unsure of, from what I read on the BMW forums this allows you to query and edit the modules on the i-bus in great detail. This is could be EXACTLY what we all need, in theory you can change almost everything, window one touch, auto lock on drive off, key programming. The possibilities are almost endless!

I've not had a chance to have a play yet, but I'll try and post some detailed info up soon!

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I plugged it all in this eve, the first thing to do was to disable the bulb check on the sidelights since installing white LED's has given me bulb failure warnings. Then had a play with the settings and turned TV on the move on, I thought that could only be done with a cable, seems not.

Next I want to play with NCS Expert and get some of the T4/Rovacom only settings changed.

Dan

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Dan_UK_1984 said:
So I plugged it all in this eve, the first thing to do was to disable the bulb check on the sidelights since installing white LED's has given me bulb failure warnings. Then had a play with the settings and turned TV on the move on, I thought that could only be done with a cable, seems not.

Next I want to play with NCS Expert and get some of the T4/Rovacom only settings changed.

Dan
Sounds exiting - how much spondooly?

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gazellio said:
Dan_UK_1984 said:

Dan
Sounds exiting - how much spondooly?
£40 for interface, £17 for NavCoder.

The TV lead on eBay is £90, so a fair price I think.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't know to be honest, the iBus is BMW stuff, so it depends if they changed all the electronic modules out when they changed the BMW engine out for the Jag one? Or maybe it depends on if you have the terrain response system as to how the rest of the car is wired?

D

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
Thank you. Mine is a Td6 MY 2006. I'm interested in changing the dealer stuff (reset, etc.), not in TV in motion particularly. Is there an affordable solution for that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi - very long time lurker - got a lot from this forum, so thanks to all - have a 2003 RR - located in the South East (England).

I have the Navcoder software are was just going to build the serial interface. Question I have is at what point are you breaking into the Ibus, in the back of the car arount the TV tuner, or behind the glovebox at the back of the CD chnager. Is there an easy place on the RR that will not have me standiong on my head in the foot well ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rplater said:
Hi - very long time lurker - got a lot from this forum, so thanks to all - have a 2003 RR - located in the South East (England).

I have the Navcoder software are was just going to build the serial interface. Question I have is at what point are you breaking into the Ibus, in the back of the car arount the TV tuner, or behind the glovebox at the back of the CD chnager. Is there an easy place on the RR that will not have me standiong on my head in the foot well ;-)

I'm going in on the CD changer wiring - but I already had it loose from attempting to fit Intravee and was a complete b1tch of a thing to get out. If you can go in from the wiring in the boot, do that!

If you need any help just give me a shout, on here or via PM.

Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, am going to get my solder out this weekend, and if it does not rain to much take a look and see if I can locate the Ibus white/grey/yellow wire in the boot area. - will let you know how it goes (fingers crossed). I'm putting a media server in the car to play out onto the rear head rest screens and wanted to activate the Aux feed on the TV to feed the media servers film / music tracks to - but having read the IBUS work people have been doing on the BMW forums, I don't think it will be long before I start experimenting (wife will kill me if a break anything however.....)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Plug and Play TV In Motion lead for: 2005 On Range Rover

PLEASE NOTE this is NOT compatible with Land Rover Discovery 3 or Range Rover Sport - see our other leads for those vehicles.

Plug and play installation with full instructions provided.

Connects to IHU unit which is behind screen or lower glove box (2007).

How on earth can you access the rear of the IHU unit!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
rplater, how did the i-BUS interfacing go? Did you find a good place in the boot to wire in?

I'm going to need to do this as my upgrade to MK4 nav has lost it's coding so I don't have ETA, just very nervous about t-clips, etc into the loom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes - turned out to be very simple. I just opened up the Nav/Audio panel in the boot (on the left), pulled up some of the loose wires there with connectors and pushed a wire into the white stripped wire (I-bus). - can take a pic and post if it helps. I got the power off the same plug (just used a multi meter to check it out). Only thing I found was that the interface worked only if I wired it into the power and I-bus, left it a few seconds, before plugging it into the laptop. If I had the interface plugged into the laptop before supplying power to the interface I could not get a signal.

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Question Here?
1. do you need to have a PC or will NavCoder work on a Mac?

2. I would think that with the right plug, you should be able to just plug into the system at the OBID port in the cubby hole (USA left hand side of the dash)?

Thanks.

Mark.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Moto One said:
Question Here?
1. do you need to have a PC or will NavCoder work on a Mac?

2. I would think that with the right plug, you should be able to just plug into the system at the OBID port in the cubby hole (USA left hand side of the dash)?

Thanks.

Mark.
1. Don't know if it works on a Mac, google search NavCoder and check out the system requirements.
2. The OBDII plug doesnt have an iBus wire in it anywhere I don't think :(

Dan

1 - 20 of 24 Posts