RangeRovers.net Forum banner

141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
You can do the updates with iid tools if you look at the fullfatrr forum as it’s UK based you can get a deal used on there usually (I did) then they charge £25 per map. My only worry is bricking it so still not done mine!
When you say pressure is red do you mean the red led is on the switch? That just means it’s empty or the gauge isn’t calibrated

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #142 (Edited)
You can do the updates with iid tools if you look at the fullfatrr forum as it’s UK based you can get a deal used on there usually (I did) then they charge £25 per map. My only worry is bricking it so still not done mine!
When you say pressure is red do you mean the red led is on the switch? That just means it’s empty or the gauge isn’t calibrated
Yeah red lights on the gauge.

400 for the tool seems steep tbh. I may wait since am taking the car in for gearbox double flush at "four plus 4" so I'll ask them and see if they have the updates.

...Ive got back box removed :p It sounds so much better now haha. I think I'll need to reset my adaptive values next.

·
Registered
456 Posts

Anyone know what the hole without a pipe in it is for? Is it supposed to have a pipe in right? To the front left of the SC?
On land rover blanked.
On jaguars i think coolant pump is connected on this hole
I am not an expert o jaguars but i think we have 3 main differences.
They have egr, we dont on 4.2
They have this hole connected
And oil pan is different

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
On land rover blanked.
On jaguars i think coolant pump is connected on this hole
I am not an expert o jaguars but i think we have 3 main differences.
They have egr, we dont on 4.2
They have this hole connected
And oil pan is different
Can it cause a vacuum leak?

·
Registered
151 Posts
As it ages the float bends I can only get 80l in my 90 also when it’s cold due to gas density you can get more in...

Is the pipe if you put you finger in going anywhere or just blank?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
As it ages the float bends I can only get 80l in my 90 also when it’s cold due to gas density you can get more in...

Is the pipe if you put you finger in going anywhere or just blank?
I mean is it dangerous to get more in?

I need to check tbh but i can put my finger in slightly, in the videos ive seen its blocked off.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Swapped the cables for the coolant pump today. Didnt have time to swap the entire pump. What i noticed is after I turned the car back on it instantly went into reduced performance mode. so i took it out for a hard drive, I heard the pump come on, cleared the codes and boom no more issues and I can here the pump whine quite clearly now. probably means it needs replacing.

mylife1903 that pump you pointed me to, what connector does it use? since its not the same as stock?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Swapped the cables for the coolant pump today. Didnt have time to swap the entire pump. What i noticed is after I turned the car back on it instantly went into reduced performance mode. so i took it out for a hard drive, I heard the pump come on, cleared the codes and boom no more issues and I can here the pump whine quite clearly now. probably means it needs replacing.

mylife1903 that pump you pointed me to, what connector does it use? since its not the same as stock?
Same connection plus and ground
Check the pump flow on old pump. Maybe its still working you can use it for emptying fuel tank or on your garden with a 12v battery
What about iat sensor readings on 50km 100km 150km speeds
Idle
After race

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Same connection plus and ground
Check the pump flow on old pump. Maybe its still working you can use it for emptying fuel tank or on your garden with a 12v battery
What about iat sensor readings on 50km 100km 150km speeds
Idle
After race
Hmm the one I bought doesn't have a ground but just positive and negative, the only difference is its not flat connectors but pins

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
so this is what I get for being a mug. I didn't check the airbox myself, so I did check it and low and behold is had quite a bit of oil in it and the air filter was filthy.

Usually means the pcv valve is pretty ****ed, so oem pcv valve for 43quid and a mann air filter and we'll see if it fixes it.

I checked the codes and they are still being thrown but feels like the adaptations need to be reset or I just let the ltft come down naturally.

·
Registered
456 Posts
so this is what I get for being a mug. I didn't check the airbox myself, so I did check it and low and behold is had quite a bit of oil in it and the air filter was filthy.

Usually means the pcv valve is pretty ****ed, so oem pcv valve for 43quid and a mann air filter and we'll see if it fixes it.

I checked the codes and they are still being thrown but feels like the adaptations need to be reset or I just let the ltft come down naturally.
You need a reset

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
You need a reset
Okays I'll disconnect the battery. But I did hear about a faster method though. Ie Disconnect the maf sensor(which I just realised will now need a clean due to the oil), turn ignition on but don't start the car, then replug in the maf sensor within 5 seconds. Clears much faster than overnight, is that true? Does it even work?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Okays I'll disconnect the battery. But I did hear about a faster method though. Ie Disconnect the maf sensor(which I just realised will now need a clean due to the oil), turn ignition on but don't start the car, then replug in the maf sensor within 5 seconds. Clears much faster than overnight, is that true? Does it even work?
I am hearing this first time.
Disconnect negative and plus after 2 minutes and wait a little bit and touch with plus cable to negative terminal.
Or you can use a obd tool

141 - 160 of 173 Posts