RangeRovers.net Forum banner

121 - 140 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
If it’s running lean though it won’t be doing your valves any good. I don’t think the software was a recall or was a bulletin which I think have shelf lives so if you ring up and say hey I want the Latest firmware thaeyll do it
Think ama try pcv valve before. Also if the fuel trim is compensating the combustion won't actually be lean will it? Its just a condition that was going to occur and had to be adjusted for no?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I have a sweet sweet possibly dangerous piece of the puzzle. So today I thought yano what **** it lets try the LPG.

First thing it stank of lpg and second thing, the short term fuel trim was richhhh. Like like -15% rich at idle till it evened out. So it could indicate the petrol fuel system not up to scratch.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just a quick thought ... did you reset your adaptions after the rebuild and go for a good run? Second though did you change the fuel filter in the top of the tank and runn some cleaner through?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Just a quick thought ... did you reset your adaptions after the rebuild and go for a good run? Second though did you change the fuel filter in the top of the tank and runn some cleaner through?
The adaptations were reset with the mechanic am guessing this is why the light didn't come on for him. It came on after about 50 miles. Also which fuel filter?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
It went into reduced power mode on the way to the mechanics on the motorway.

With the usual fuel trim and lean codes but a new code P2601.

Having a google this matches the issue perfectly.

https://www.rangerovers.net/threads/s-c-engine-fault.15692/
http://robisonservice.blogspot.com/2010/09/supercharged-sports-that-suddenly-stop.html

At the mechanics we looked at the short term and long term trims while on a drive. They only spiked when off the throttle. Supposedly if those codes are being thrown the ECM put the engine into open loop mode.

I think I need a flash. Is there a way I can check the version of the software myself?

·
Registered
456 Posts
It went into reduced power mode on the way to the mechanics on the motorway.

With the usual fuel trim and lean codes but a new code P2601.

Having a google this matches the issue perfectly.

https://www.rangerovers.net/threads/s-c-engine-fault.15692/
http://robisonservice.blogspot.com/2010/09/supercharged-sports-that-suddenly-stop.html

At the mechanics we looked at the short term and long term trims while on a drive. They only spiked when off the throttle. Supposedly if those codes are being thrown the ECM put the engine into open loop mode.

I think I need a flash. Is there a way I can check the version of the software myself?
First you have to check the fuse, in the trunk right side. And check with obd reader intake air temperature underload. If the pimp gone iat increases and you get reduced engine performance.

If the pimp works you may try clean iat sensor.

Keep ignition switch on position 2 and check the pimp if its working you have a newer soft. Earlier pcm soft runs the cooling pump only under heavy load.
When i get reduced engine performance jin-jin short term goes 0 and stays 0. Long trims are adapting but stft not, I don’t know why.

Maybe you have bad fuel in your tank i would be try higher octane also

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
First you have to check the fuse, in the trunk right side. And check with obd reader intake air temperature underload. If the pimp gone iat increases and you get reduced engine performance.

If the pimp works you may try clean iat sensor.

Keep ignition switch on position 2 and check the pimp if its working you have a newer soft. Earlier pcm soft runs the cooling pump only under heavy load.
When i get reduced engine performance jin-jin short term goes 0 and stays 0. Long trims are adapting but stft not, I don’t know why.

Maybe you have bad fuel in your tank i would be try higher octane also
Fuels been cycled few times.

How do I know if the pump is running in position two?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Fuels been cycled few times.

How do I know if the pump is running in position two?
if it is working you can’t miss the noise and vibration

If pimp is gone buy this one : bosch 0392022010 its a amg pump for 6.3lt
In Mercedes box also bosch made price is almost 600$ in bosch box only 125$
This is stronger than our bosch pump

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
if it is working you can’t miss the noise and vibration

If pimp is gone buy this one : bosch 0392022010 its a amg pump for 6.3lt
In Mercedes box also bosch made price is almost 600$ in bosch box only 125$
This is stronger than our bosch pump
so to double check, engine off at key in position 2 yes? I can here whining when thats happening but no vibration or any real movement from engine.

am tempted to invest in an iid gap tool tbh and do the updates myself but i wouldnt have a clue where to get the software.

·
Registered
456 Posts
so to double check, engine off at key in position 2 yes? I can here whining when thats happening but no vibration or any real movement from engine.

am tempted to invest in an iid gap tool tbh and do the updates myself but i wouldnt have a clue where to get the software.
Yes, engine off pump has to start working on key in position 2 if you have updated soft.

Mangoose is cheaper and the best way for diagnosing lr. You can download sdd from inet. Works on xp better.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Yes, engine off pump has to start working on key in position 2 if you have updated soft.

Mangoose is cheaper and the best way for diagnosing lr. You can download sdd from inet. Works on xp better.
got a link to mangoose? i cant seem to find it.

hmm i can hear a humm but not any pump working. no vibration. the entire engine bay is dead.

·
Registered
456 Posts
got a link to mangoose? i cant seem to find it.

hmm i can hear a humm but not any pump working. no vibration. the entire engine bay is dead.
Try aliexp

Pump located behind the left headlight under the hydraulic tank you can touch it. Turn off hvac too

Related his location Sometimes aux pump electric cable damages.
You can connect him 12v directly and check it. From another battery or battery of screwdriver is good enough to check

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Try aliexp

Pump located behind the left headlight under the hydraulic tank you can touch it. Turn off hvac too

Related his location Sometimes aux pump electric cable damages.
You can connect him 12v directly and check it. From another battery or battery of screwdriver is good enough to check
thats definitley not on when switch it on

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have just done mine - pop the bonnet and on a full fat it’s to the immediate right of the radiator and a bit low down cutout can just see it. The noise is like a fish tank pump nd on as said in position 2. When you have found it if you are flexible enough pull the plug from the bottom and ty pos 2 again to see if you a missing a noise I did that.

I know yours is a sport well I think but pretty sure it’s all the same.

the genuine Bosch pumps are on amazon prime for less Than 100£

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
I have just done mine - pop the bonnet and on a full fat it’s to the immediate right of the radiator and a bit low down cutout can just see it. The noise is like a fish tank pump nd on as said in position 2. When you have found it if you are flexible enough pull the plug from the bottom and ty pos 2 again to see if you a missing a noise I did that.

I know yours is a sport well I think but pretty sure it’s all the same.

the genuine Bosch pumps are on amazon prime for less Than 100£
Did you also swap the wires around and get the pcm flashed?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Sorry i couldn’t upload video
ah its okay your replies have been helpful enough :)

weird problem with lpg, it all works fine, well aside from the tank thinking its empty. but when i floor it, in the upper rpms it switches back to fuel. or it basically beeps till i switch back to fuel. BRC plug and drive system.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #140 (Edited)
Any pictures?
Not any more I used some exhaust putty and closed it up. The fuel trims instantly came back even though it never hit 20% stft so points to a sensor.

It has AMK compressor so means it's been upgraded before since it should of been Hitachi.

My lpg pressure thing is in the red though, is it just broken or dangerous?

Turns out my supercharger coolant pump is wired the wrong way, purple wire going to negative and black to positive. Which means none of the other updates were done realistically which can explain the fuel trims error.

Anyone know best way to get it updated? Find someone with iidtool? Go to stealers?

121 - 140 of 173 Posts