RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Also I noticed this sucker isn't a L322 since its a RRS.

The transmission was replaced 20k ago, so 110k. The guy I was speaking to wasn't all that helpful aside from that nugget of gold about the transmission, just kept saying it the cars made it to 130k then it must of been serviced properly which isn't a whole lot of help.

I'll do the above thanks :)
I missed something. Where did he say it's a RRS? Signature states 2006 Range Rover SC. I must be really tired. Up too late on a P38.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I missed something. Where did he say it's a RRS? Signature states 2006 Range Rover SC. I must be really tired. Up too late on a P38.
Am saying it because I didn't know there was an actual diff :p

For anyone curious https://video.citnow.com/vxy4ChjbYTJ that's the dealer inspection. Only worrying points is oil leak and the corroded pipes, rest I can sort myself

·
Registered
251 Posts
Am saying it because I didn't know there was an actual diff :p

For anyone curious https://video.citnow.com/vxy4ChjbYTJ that's the dealer inspection. Only worrying points is oil leak and the corroded pipes, rest I can sort myself
The mix up happens a lot. Doesn't help that L322s are listed as "Range Rover 4dr Sport Utility Vehicle" on carfax and things. EBay often confuses parts between L320+L322 due to the "sport" part of it.

Be sure to post this over in the L320 group if you haven't already. As mentioned there are some differences mechanically between the 2 and our feedback here will be general at best for most issues.

For example the air shocks arw different and can behave a bit differently. Think the tranny service on a Sport is even more than an L322 due to how the exhaust and things sit. You get the idea.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The mix up happens a lot. Doesn't help that L322s are listed as "Range Rover 4dr Sport Utility Vehicle" on carfax and things. EBay often confuses parts between L320+L322 due to the "sport" part of it.

Be sure to post this over in the L320 group if you haven't already. As mentioned there are some differences mechanically between the 2 and our feedback here will be general at best for most issues.

For example the air shocks arw different and can behave a bit differently. Think the tranny service on a Sport is even more than an L322 due to how the exhaust and things sit. You get the idea.
yeah I thought the "Sport" bit was more of a trim rather than the actual car.

·
Registered
108 Posts
How did you get on with this? Have they come back? Have you tried firstly a smoke test to look for any vac leaks? If none are found if you take the oil cap off when running it should stall... does it? If it’s doesn’t then bad news you likely have valve seat issues (speaking from experience) you won’t want to believe wit and will chase your tail about other tests first but it will like be those as your are on lpg and they are made of chocolate.. mind went on petrol but even more common on lpg - do you have an oiler fitted? You either need new buckets if this is the case or new valve seats both will likely run you 2.5-4K... sorry to sound like a doom mongerer!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
How did you get on with this? Have they come back? Have you tried firstly a smoke test to look for any vac leaks? If none are found if you take the oil cap off when running it should stall... does it? If it’s doesn’t then bad news you likely have valve seat issues (speaking from experience) you won’t want to believe wit and will chase your tail about other tests first but it will like be those as your are on lpg and they are made of chocolate.. mind went on petrol but even more common on lpg - do you have an oiler fitted? You either need new buckets if this is the case or new valve seats both will likely run you 2.5-4K... sorry to sound like a doom mongerer!
fuel trims have come back, the lean codes only turn up when I enable lpg so thats been off since.

I need to do a smoke test but normally arnet fuel trims one of the sensors freaking out. I think this lpg system has a lubing system fitted as well so hopefully should of kept the valves happy. I desperately need an lpg service though. the car seems to be running fine atm.

Changed out all the brake pads other day. I'll try the oil cap trick when I get home

·
Registered
108 Posts
You said the fuel trims have come back what are they at now? Let me know how you get on with the cap as it would be good for comparison with mine. Where in the UK are you know a couple of places...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
You said the fuel trims have come back what are they at now? Let me know how you get on with the cap as it would be good for comparison with mine. Where in the UK are you know a couple of places...
Hmm the cap doesn't cause it to stall, the revs drop and I can here knocking? But when I put it back on its fine. The fuel trims coming back I mean the error code. Am just gathering actual fuel trims now.

am in leeds. ill upload snapshots soon

·
Registered
108 Posts
You seem to have similar to me on the idle fuel trims - just a quick one have you check the small hose from the supercharged elbow to the fuel pressure switch isn’t off or spilt? Mine kept falling off and that would cause a small vacuum leak and fuel pressure issues...
Yours didn’t stall either you really do seem to be exactly where I am

Where in the uk are you would be interested to compare

this is the hose :

·
Registered
108 Posts
Do you actually have any issues running on petrol aside from the codes? The only issue I had was that on idle the needle occasionally moves up and down a few mm and you feel a slight shake as it happens...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Do you actually have any issues running on petrol aside from the codes? The only issue I had was that on idle the needle occasionally moves up and down a few mm and you feel a slight shake as it happens...
Nah no issues, running buttery smooth. I live in Leeds, more than happy to compare. I need a standard service, plugs, filters, oil etc etc. I'll take a look at that pipe.

I was sorting out brake pads since all were dead before it decided to piss it down, i just managed to finish.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ok my explanation of the idle looking back at it was not great if you start it up and watch the rpm needle does it move at all or does it stay exactly where it should? I know of an lpg place in Huddersfield not a million miles from you and they can do your valves too if it turns out to be that but you will need deep pockets anywhere to fix that

G a s auto center 01484 649100 - mike

I’d do your plugs but that won’t sort trims - if I were you I’d get the gas sorted first - you then have a completely different fuel system to run on - different fuel, injectors , pump equivalent etc so if it is the same you can immediately rule all fuel related items out...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Ok my explanation of the idle looking back at it was not great if you start it up and watch the rpm needle does it move at all or does it stay exactly where it should? I know of an lpg place in Huddersfield not a million miles from you and they can do your valves too if it turns out to be that but you will need deep pockets anywhere to fix that

G a s auto center 01484 649100 - mike

I’d do your plugs but that won’t sort trims - if I were you I’d get the gas sorted first - you then have a completely different fuel system to run on - different fuel, injectors , pump equivalent etc so if it is the same you can immediately rule all fuel related items out...
it revs above 1k on start up to warm up then settles around 600-700 rpm with no movement. Huddersfield isn't far at all, I'll give them a ring and see if I can get something booked in.

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Good shout let me know how you get on as I’m in a similar boat but I stupidly have changed a lot more - there is another option too an ecm update You’d need a dealer to do for a couple of hundred quid Two options to get you started! - https://disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/22465/LTB00071_-_Technical_Bulletin_-_MIL_Illumination_with_P-Codes_P0170_or_0173_or_2097_or2099_or_P0461_-_Repair_Procedure.pdf
ah bollocks, ill see how i get on fixing the lpg system since the price of running this car alone is pretty brutal at 100quid a tank.

Tbh I need to take a good look with a lappy in hand the short term trims and long terms trims in real time and see whats what really. i've a feeling the injectors are the issue because the lpg ones seem like an issue as well. heres hoping my valves haven't died. if they have its basically a rebuild which won't be fun in terms of cost.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you have good lpg injectors and it’s still not right then you can rule out them altogether if it sorts it out then there’s your issue. I think that place will sort the valve issues for around 3.5k... apparently is about four solid days work...

21 - 40 of 88 Posts