RangeRovers.net Forum banner

201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
610 Posts
my **** multimeter is out of battery. ill give it a test tonight and report back. its pretty easy to get to thankfully.
Had forgotten to warn you about fuel shower. You have to take a towel to block spraying fuel from the fuel rail.
And vacuum pipe take care of it

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Was you vacuum hose on that sensor conmected well at both ends and in good condition? Mine had expanded and kept falling off
Yeah seemed fine, although it unplugged pretty easily

Found a better work of mine on another post.
@mgrover look at this connection. You have to deal with it to remove the tail of crocodile
ah that point I may as well clean the throttle body and replace gasket jic that was an issue.

I got another p2601 today so its probably time to replace the coolant pump.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
I was speaking to a lpg dude today about the setup. the multivalve is defo dead hence why it won't take anymore lpg. he also came across another one like it before because the pump is constantly running even on lpg he adds his own return line for the petrol.

also he would add and AC stag ecu to swap out the BRC one and service the whole setup and replace the fuel pump for 550-600 quid.

my main question is anyone seen is return line mod done before for this car?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
610 Posts
I was speaking to a lpg dude today about the setup. the multivalve is defo dead hence why it won't take anymore lpg. he also came across another one like it before because the pump is constantly running even on lpg he adds his own return line for the petrol.

also he would add and AC stag ecu to swap out the BRC one and service the whole setup and replace the fuel pump for 550-600 quid.

my main question is anyone seen is return line mod done before for this car?
How can he overwrite the ecu. Very interesting. 4.2 has a different fuel supply system.
I did many things on this engine. I am running without cats as simple.
But adding a fuel returning line? It is just out of limits
I even seen a 4.4 engine without vvti. Owner removed the vvti block the holes replaces valve covers and overwrite the ecu with a 4.2 setup.
Don’t touch fuel system.
I saw couple of 4.2 range rovers with 60mm of snout and special programs in ecu, they had gremlins man, engine system fault jinjin was their best friend

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #210 (Edited)
He wouldn't touch RR ecu, but AC StAG for the LPG. For the return line just add a T junction that returns any excess pressure. So it would still run when lpg is on but the pressure doesn't keep building up. So it would allow relief. He's done it in another l320

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
170 Posts
My guy has had to put the return in - he reckons the 2005-2006 l320 and l322 4.2 he can use an emulator to trick the main ecu into thinking it’s running but 2007 on it doesn’t work and need the return.

there is a bodge you can do which is what was done on my m6 as the emulator didn’t work and the return could never manage the precise pressure it needed - you can swap one (maybe 2) of the cylinders (if 2 1 per bank) to run on petrol while the rest of the system is on gas. Mine ran like this ok for the last 9 years on my m6 - and when he realised the emulator didn’t work we did the same so I could use it until the return was fitted in the 4.2 which ran fine

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
My guy has had to put the return in - he reckons the 2005-2006 l320 and l322 4.2 he can use an emulator to trick the main ecu into thinking it’s running but 2007 on it doesn’t work and need the return.

there is a bodge you can do which is what was done on my m6 as the emulator didn’t work and the return could never manage the precise pressure it needed - you can swap one (maybe 2) of the cylinders (if 2 1 per bank) to run on petrol while the rest of the system is on gas. Mine ran like this ok for the last 9 years on my m6 - and when he realised the emulator didn’t work we did the same so I could use it until the return was fitted in the 4.2 which ran fine
well hopefully he just needs to add a pressure release t junction. so any excess pressure gets routed back.

plus all new lpg tank, connectings and ecu.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #213 (Edited)
Got her back, so it defo needs new reducer but I got a new error code, P0088 which suggests the sensor is knackered OR the new LPG ecu is just confusing the LR system.

Right now its defo being funny when I floor it, seems to hold the gear for a really long time even not when in sport mode. bit odd, does it both on petrol and lpg. but both petrol and lpg seem to be having issues.

On lpg the pressure isn't stable but that seems due to the reducer.

the fuel return line fix hasn't been done, thatll occur next time it goes in.

ive ordered a new fuel pressure sensor jic.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
Jeez hope you get it sorted soon!
funnily enough it still runs fine haha. so **** annoying. i mean under hard acceleration is freaks out on lpg but thats normal since the reducer is knackered.

can anyone recommend a reducer that can handle 400+ bhp

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
so another small update, when running lpg the fuel pressure at idle is 65psi, but when switching back to petrol it drops. indicates the pump is ****ed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
another small update which is a big one.

i yoloed it and got the fuel pump and a return line installed. with a kme extreme reducer, the reducer is not good. the fuel pump and return line is great though. going to reset adaptations tomorrow.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
a cheeky update 3 months after the fact for anyone that comes across this. my issues on petrol were the maf. i was being a mug and clearly didnt inspect the original maf enough since it turns out it was a shitty chinese maf. once a denso maf was installed all the lean codes on petrol went away.

so in the end it was human error :p am now getting some misfires at 3k rpm. plugs changed, next up is coils. but only at 3k rpm, not 2k or 4k so very odd.

201 - 220 of 222 Posts