Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, can someone help me in better understanding what to do. I was told about the new Range Rover (vogue) complete new generation change for the 2022 model, placed a deposit to be one of the first to get it in Toronto in dec2021/ Jan 2022 but today I got an email saying that Land Rover is telling them that the 2022 Model is going to be the design and the new one will be after that... I am guessing delays in production or something. Anyways this was lined up to work out with my lease ending in December and being put into a new gen and new lease. What should I do from here and has anyone else experienced this and is getting help from their dealer.

Do long term loaner cars exist? Do dealerships give clients a vehicle until the model they want comes out.

I know its a pretty expensive vehicle and other car companies like Porsche and Audi have been known to give customers who buy the higher end models some cool perks and stuff until there vehicles come in. Has anyone gotten these cool incentives and stuff when you pre ordered your vehicle?

Let me know

Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, can someone help me in better understanding what to do. I was told about the new Range Rover (vogue) complete new generation change for the 2022 model, placed a deposit to be one of the first to get it in Toronto in dec2021/ Jan 2022 but today I got an email saying that Land Rover is telling them that the 2022 Model is going to be the design and the new one will be after that... I am guessing delays in production or something. Anyways this was lined up to work out with my lease ending in December and being put into a new gen and new lease. What should I do from here and has anyone else experienced this and is getting help from their dealer.

Do long term loaner cars exist? Do dealerships give clients a vehicle until the model they want comes out.

I know its a pretty expensive vehicle and other car companies like Porsche and Audi have been known to give customers who buy the higher end models some cool perks and stuff until there vehicles come in. Has anyone gotten these cool incentives and stuff when you pre ordered your vehicle?

Let me know

Thank you.
Should mention my current lease is a velar. Not buying the new vogue under same velar dealership but a dealership I get services from.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,232 Posts
That’s disappointing to hear that the L460 may be delayed. Probably the easiest and cheapest thing to do is extend your lease by a year. Another option is how is the value of the Velar now compared to the lease’s buyout cost? If it’s worth more than the buyout you could buy the Velar and then trade it in on the L460.

Reactions: Madtown

·
Registered
L494 V8 SC Dynamic
344 Posts
That’s disappointing to hear that the L460 may be delayed. Probably the easiest and cheapest thing to do is extend your lease by a year. Another option is how is the value of the Velar now compared to the lease’s buyout cost? If it’s worth more than the buyout you could buy the Velar and then trade it in on the L460.
Good point on the buyout cost as used car values are very high. Might climb even more if things go as they look to be with manufactures not being able to produce new models due to chip/plastics/etc shortages to make vehicles. Give you how bad it is Mercedes just shut down two plants in Germany due to parts supply issues. My understanding was the switchover at the plant for the L460 was planned to happen this September. My guess is that is going to be delayed.

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
The article says Solihull is open, and that's where the Range Rovers are made.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
48 Posts
Are you sure they are talking about the L460 being postponed? Ask specifically about this model code, as model year 2022, for instance, starts in June 2021 in the USA...

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
we've seen everything between April and October as MY kickoffs with the L405. where is your June data coming from?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dealer told me this week that he would need to wait 2-3 weeks to order a new lwb for me because it was too late for a 2021; when it is ordered, it will be a 2022 L405. Delivery maybe 6 months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts