·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Here's the problem I have with the claim that the SVR was faster than the Ferrari 458 Italia on this road: There's nothing about this whole road that would make the RRS a better suited vehicle than most sport coupes. So to me, it would have to be the difference between drivers. I know for a fact that my driving skills would be completely outmatched by any pro driver regardless of car. So yeah, I'm sure a pro driver would beat me on any road even if you gave me a McLaren 720s and the driver drove a Honda Civic Type R. But there is absolutely no conceivable scenario where the RRS would out driver a Ferrari 458 Italia on a paved road with equally skilled drivers. Not even at really high altitude. Those hair pin turns are made for a 458 while the RRS has to turn the wheels two full turns each way to get in and out of them. I should know, I've owned both cars and own an SVR now which I am sure could not out-drive any sports coupe around a road like that. I don't know why JLR would make this claim. It's pretty ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed. I have driven a NASCAR around a track at 150mph and if you put a governor on a professional driver at 145mph they would probably still beat me in a 10 lap race against the clock race.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah they even say "Unofficial Record"

I think it's a very poor video and marketing angle. SVRs are cool for what they are, a big SUV that is fun to throw around a bit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you tried to drive (or own) a Ferrari you cannot believe of what JLR claimed!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts