RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first range rover, which I love already, and I have a question. I got the book on the display but thankfully it is still blowing cold (i live in s. florida). I searched and found a guide to test different aspects of the system to see what went wrong. I found the guide on another forum. Went through it all and now have some questions on my results:

1. Should the recirculation flaps make a slight buzzing sound when they are moving?
2. Tested the distribution flaps and the air flows out of the vents I select, however there is a very slight breeze coming out of the non-selected vents. Is this normal?
3. My blend flaps are probably gone as I am unable to get a variance in tempature from side to side. (ie one side set to 60 and other set to 76 and there is no difference)
4. Covering or uncovering the solar gain sensor has no affect on the auto setting, will this also cause the book on the display?
5. The relay looks fine but is there a way to test it?

Thanks,

One happy new range rover owner.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
gary94se said:
1. Should the recirculation flaps make a slight buzzing sound when they are moving?
2. Tested the distribution flaps and the air flows out of the vents I select, however there is a very slight breeze coming out of the non-selected vents. Is this normal?
3. My blend flaps are probably gone as I am unable to get a variance in tempature from side to side. (ie one side set to 60 and other set to 76 and there is no difference)
4. Covering or uncovering the solar gain sensor has no affect on the auto setting, will this also cause the book on the display?
5. The relay looks fine but is there a way to test it?
1. Maybe if you're right next to them, but it shouldn't be audible from the driver's seat
2. It's not the end of the world as long as it's barely doing it...but yes, it's pretty typical
3. you nailed it
4. Not sure... I don't remember anyone ever mentioning that on here. Your book is on though, because your blend motor(s) are toast
5. Yes, google it...it's pretty simple.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I got the blend motors on order and will tear into it as soon as they arrive.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I am curious, what 'HVAC guide" are you talking about?

I am troubleshooting my HVAC as well and any further assistance would help...a testbook would also be nice...

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
spikemd said:
I am curious, what 'HVAC guide" are you talking about?
More than likely he is following the RAVE manual. It's available for download from green-oval

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had a second question. Since the dash will be apart, should i go ahead and replace the heater o-rings? They are not leaking at the moment, but I would hate for them to start a couple of months from now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts