RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well more woes but still loveing the Rangie!My HVAC on my 98HSE isn't doing anything. First the display is messed up in that it only shows bars and sometimes AUTO.The blowers don't go on at all and no blowing Hot or cold. The only air comes out when we are driving and very faintly I believe its the outside air. The compressor works inside the engine compartment in that I have seen it go on and off. I took off the panels inside on both the driver side and passengers side through the glove derartment and listen to see if anything but nothing. Checked fuse box no blown fuses under seat. Did notice a little radiator fluid but only a drip or two inside the passenger left center console under HVAC. When I push the buttons at different times the HVAC lights go on but nothing and when I turn the control level it just keeps spinning clockwise and nothing. Not sure what's is going on since there are so many posts to figure it out any help would be much aprreciated. Thanks again for all your help!Warren

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

When the fans are not running first check the relays. The most right row 2 most fwd relays are from the fans. The relays burn frequently. Also inspect the fuse box under the relay.

http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetail ... sebox.html

There is some info about the display repair on the repairdetails page as well.

Regards

Jos

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jos I changed the relay and BAM it works!Heat and aircondition both running. May need to charge the air but felt cold to me and the compressor hose was ice cold.Gonna have the heater core and O rings looked at since I did see the 2 drops of anti-freeze but not sure if was caused from the hvac not working or trying to run the HVAC and playing with buttons to get it to go while it was not working. If that could be it please someone let me know. Thanks again Warren

1 - 3 of 3 Posts