RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, looking for a little help from the RRS forum. I am a recent purchaser of a 2014 RRS Autobiography, CPO. Love the vehicle and can't say enough
great things about the power, handling, comfort. Very happy. I do have a question about the HVAC system and how it functions. If I place the front
climate control on Auto, and then go into the menu to select the airflow to the feet only for both of the front systems, I still get a small amount of
warm air coming through the face level vents. Not a lot, but noticeable air flow as its warm and with the cold outside temps easy to detect. Other cars we
have owned did not have this.

Is this normal for the RRS or is there a issue with the HVAC? Any others that can check their system, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance......

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've observed the same behaviour. Can't explain it. It's a little more hot air coming out of the dash vents than I would prefer, especially when I've selected footwell only. Doesn't appear to be a mechanical issue, as there are times when the HVAC is in full auto that it redirects the air elsewhere when nothing is coming out of the dash vents at all.

Have never been able to find any other info on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just checked my ‘16 and it does the same thing. Only the foot area is selected yet I can feel a small amout of heat coming out of the upper facing vents, must be normal but it is strange??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for checking. I figured it was normal operating but wanted to check. Our other vehicles have no air flow from the face vents, so definitely not common, but how RR intended.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts