RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - I am having the classic display problem that I have seen diagnosed on the forum here and I was hoping to fix it:

However - upon pressing on the connection and checking the location of the silicon strip - it appears that it isn't this simple problem. The strip is in place as it should be and pressing the connection had no effect on the display.

Anyone care to speculate as to whether this is fixable? Could it still be the connector? Or am I looking at a new controller? Thanks! 8~

·
Registered
967 Posts
Usually, upon taking the ATC apart, you'll find that the silicone strip is in place as it should be. The problem is, now, this is purely speculation, but over time, silicone shrinks or the connections get old and require more pressure for proper contact.

What you should do is a bit of trial and error of applying pressure along the connections. You'll find out through trial and error as to how the applied pressure affects the display.

Once you find out where you need to apply more pressure, you just have to modify the silicone strip, so it applies more pressure where it's needed. In my case, I added bulk strategically to the silicone strip, by wrapping portions of it w/ electrical tape.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well - you're right about the pressure. In my case - the strip was fine - but the screws holding the front plate together were not tight, and were stripped. So all I did was wrap some of that thin white tape around the screws so they would tighten up a bit more, and put it all back together and now Bingo - it looks great! I can really see that bright green book now... :shock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts