RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone hoping someone can shed some light on a problem which is dogging my 2013 l405 vogue se. There is a noise similar to "A spring boinging" or "A scooter (50cc) whizzing past" or "A loud Hum" all these sounds are the same I'm just trying to give you guys a feel for the noise. It doesn't happen if the cars not moving. So if I'm sitting on the drive and rev it to 1000rpm it doesn't happen. It doesn't happen if I accelerate quickly. It seems to happen when the cars cruising about 30mph or 50mph. Just as the rev counter is creeping from 900rpm to 1100rpm there will be a noticeable Humming. No effect on handling just annoying. Dealer can't find a fault. It's been happening for about 4 months. Last week my brother in law who also drives a 2013 4.4 sdv8 mentioned the exact same thing. Can't be mileage related as I have covered 56000miles and he has covered 31000.
The dealers about as much help as a chocolate lampshade. Would appriacate any suggestions or advice. Ps I'm paying for a full rr warranty so feel this shouldn't be happening as the cars looked after better than the wife! Thanks in advance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts