RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the new HTC Incredible phone and having trouble pairing it with my '08 RRS. Does anyone know if they are compatible? Any way I can fix it?

Thanks,
Rob

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,014 Posts
That's a great Android handset, probably the best out there right now. I have a 4-month old Moto Droid and already experiencing phone envy :lol: (although I do prefer the physical keyboard for emailing and "sexting".)

The phone is too new for Land Rover to be of any official help - isn't today the very first day you can pick it up at Verizon stores? - as it usually takes them a couple of months at least before they test new handsets and add them to their online compatibility list. What kind of trouble are you having when pairing it exactly? Maybe we can offer some suggestions. My Droid (recently updated with Android 2.1) pairs with my upgraded MY2006 PTI module - everything works flawlessly, including phonebook transfer - but it would not pair automatically prior to the Bluetooth software update performed by a LR indy shop locally. If you have an early build 2008 you may need the update as well. What's you VIN?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
my nexus one has no issues pairing with my 06, I would try going to the uk forum and ask if anyone there is having issues with pairing their desire. The desire software wise should be exactly the same as the incredible.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,461 Posts
Drevs said:
umbertob said:
I do prefer the physical keyboard for emailing and "sexting"
...and I thought PJR was the only one who was into that! Learn something new everyday... `)
:eek: Too funny...but true enough indeed...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Umbertob. It is an early build '08, but I had the bluetooth software updated (at least that's what they said) about a year ago when I got the Storm II. I'll check with the dealer this morning to be sure.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,014 Posts
Keep us posted,as I get the feeling that's going to be a popular phone so there may be others asking in the future. My Motorola Droid found Land Rover and paired right away to the upgraded module, the only hiccup the very first time it connected was that the phone asked my permission to upload the phonebook to the car a few seconds after pairing, and I kept missing that message, so I thought phonebook over Bluetooth didn't work with my phone... :oops: Eventually I figured it out and the pairing has been automatic and trouble-free since. Also, although I am sure you did this already, make sure you turn on Bluetooth on the phone (settings / wireless and networks / Bluetooth: check the box), as Android phones come with both BT and Wi-Fi radios turned off out of the box.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Talked to the all-knowing Svc. Dept. at my local dealer. In essence, they're saying I'm out of luck. He said there are no new bluetooth upgrades, and my phone doesn't appear on LR's compatible list. He said there is a chance that LR could add it later, but that obviously won't be for a few months. I find it really hard to believe that virtually every other Android and HTC phone is compatible, except for this one. Am I screwed, or are there other options I can look into?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a '10 Sport SC and I've only briefly been able to pair my Incredible with it. My BB 9650 pairs as soon as I get in and out of the car, on the other hand.

The phone sees the Land Rover bluetooth, asks for the pass, and then fails connecting. "Paired, but not connected." This is horribly frustrating. In my CL 63, I get in the car and it is connected and my addresses are there. In my previous E60 M5 it also downloaded the call log, the Cayenne that I replaced with the Sport was gravy - no issues at all, it just worked.

I need my Incredible over bluetooth - hoping that someone may have a solution so I'm reviving this thread.

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Although the D-Inc still is not listed as a compatible phone on LR's website, I have noticed a BIG improvement in bluetooth connectivity since the Froyo update. It's not perfect, but it is much better than before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts