RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2012 RR HSE NA and would like to convert to the SC front brakes. I have combed the forum and can't seem to find conclusive information for the 2012. The official Land Rover Brembo part is LR016661G/LR016659G for this year. Looking on eBay there are LR039524 brake calipers for sale. Of course they say compatible for my year, but when I plug this part number into roverjaguarparts.com or genuinenewparts.com I don't get an appropriate cross reference confirming these part numbers will fit. Would appreciate any help on being able to buy the correct parts off eBay before I either give up or suck it up and buy the LR parts for this upgrade. I do have 20 inch wheels. Thanks

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
17 Posts
You’ll also need to consider a new set of discs as the Brembo calipers require a larger diameter disc. Get ready for a ton of brake pad dust on your front wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
I use OE Land Rover pads and dust is horrible and I do mostly highway driving. I’ve put about 1000 miles on it this week and you’d think I have dark grey wheels...

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have an 06 SC, so brembos aren't as big as the 10-12 SC, and run EBC yellow. Way way WAY more stopping power than OE pads, no dust or noise issues, and you can go from 120-0 multiple times in a row with no fade, so they handle towing heavy loads long distances with no issues also.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts