RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got myself a used 2003 and I am looking to do a coolant flush. Would someone be able to give me a detailed location of the drainage plug for the radiator?

Thanks,

·
Registered
293 Posts
I noticed you have a post for a trans flush also...

1. welcome to the forum
2. try using the "search" feature, this topic along with trans fluid has been covered, and im not exagerating... EXTENSIVELY!
3. pick up a RAVE manual, your 2003 is covered, both of your questions would be answered with this... and by #2

people on here love to help, but dude you gotta cover the basics first

do your searching, check out a rave manual, still have questions after that? ask away!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Coolant drain plug is located on the bottom right of the radiatior (looking at it from the front). Unscrew the red thumb screw and get a bucket. Mine drained slowly and I only got about 1/2 gallon out of there. I also pulled the drain plug on the block. From underneath, looking towards the front of the car, the drain screw is silver in color, has a flat top, and is located on the right side of the block, 1/2 way between the raidator and the tranny. This is where I got a LOT of coolant out. Look out, it's a mess.

I had mine done at Discount Tire for $70 and it was worth it just to avoid the mess.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Anyone know the part number for the block drain plug and its washer? RAVE says to discard the washer when you remove the plug, but I can't seem to identify the sucker in microcat. There are several "plugs" in the diagrams none of which seem to be correct... but perhaps I'm looking at the wrong diagram.

It sort of looks like it would be LYB000110 for the plug and VYX000050 for the washer, but it says there are two of each of these, one on each side... which might make sense if you need to drain both sides? But RAVE only mentions one plug.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
96 Posts
Hi looking to flush the coolant but don't have the below washer can I get the size to pick one up generic from advanced auto parts or does anyone have the link for online can I reuse the existing washer ?

It sort of looks like it would be LYB000110 for the plug and VYX000050 for the washer, but it says there are two of each of these, one on each side... which might make sense if you need to drain both sides? But RAVE only mentions one plug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts