RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on how to change these out? I cant find any how to videos and am wondering if this R&R is in the realm of an average joe at home The only thing I have found is a really fast video by Bosch.

My mechanic (who I trust) is quoting it at just over 1k that includes 6 hrs of labor. He is suggesting to do both (which makes sense) as it only adds an extra hour of labor but takes the quote to $1500.

I also need to do my LCA's so I have some expensive work coming up and I am just trying to figure out if its something I can do myself to save on labor.

TIA,
Russ

·
Administrator
27,799 Posts
Apparently not. I don;t know of anyone that has had a failure. You can certainly register with TOPIx on the Land Rover and get a one day subscription to get the manual directions with full details.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great suggestion - thx. After reading through it is something I do not want to do as it involves disconnecting steering components, removing the alternator among other things and lots of fluid warnings.....

If anyone is interested, what led to this diagnosis is occasionally going into limp mode after accelerating at WOT while cruising at 70 mph (overtaking). To get rid of limp mode, you have to restart the rover which resets the codes for some reason and wont store them. Recently it happened while close to my mechanic so he could see the live fuel flow reduction and the codes. I have seen lots of posts about limp mode but no real solutions. Others may want to look at the pumps. There are 2 on the engine and another low pressure one in the gas tank as everyone knows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts