Votes: 2 25.0%
  • It pulls hard right.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My L494 was basically perfect even on slightly canted highways whether I was on street tires with 21" rims or 20" rims with off-road tires (a few different varieties).

My new L405 on the other hand, despite being well within spec when I had the alignment checked, definitely seems to enjoy pulling right on almost all roads at speeds > 45mph.

Curious to see how everyone else's L405 is performing.

·
Registered
2018 L405 HSE SCV6
99 Posts
Mine was straight prior to having some suspension work done, they did not do an alignment after and it pulled to the right with my steering wheel tilted about 5 degrees. Had an alignment done next day and steering wheel is back to normal and drives straight

Reactions: engineerrs

·
Registered
481 Posts
Mine pulled to the left at highway speeds over 55 > you’d have to hold onto the wheel with one hand no matter what. Occasionally even in town driving it would go left. Replaced all control arms, multiple alignments at dealer and speciality shop with weighted alignments with TT mode. Nothing would fix it. The alignment would show all is well and my wheel was centered

The other day I had the front struts replaced and the pull to the left is gone. Drives straight. After replacing the struts they did NOT do an alignment so it had to be someting was off with the strut.

I chased this issue for almost a year. The dealer and shop told me to get lost and said all these trucks pull left due to road crowns and it’s in my head. 😂Point being if you’re having issues there’s plenty of things to check/look.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine pulled to the left at highway speeds over 55 > you’d have to hold onto the wheel with one hand no matter what. Occasionally even in town driving it would go left. Replaced all control arms, multiple alignments at dealer and speciality shop with weighted alignments with TT mode. Nothing would fix it. The alignment would show all is well and my wheel was centered

The other day I had the front struts replaced and the pull to the left is gone. Drives straight. After replacing the struts they did NOT do an alignment so it had to be someting was off with the strut.

I chased this issue for almost a year. The dealer and shop told me to get lost and said all these trucks pull left due to road crowns and it’s in my head. 😂Point being if you’re having issues there’s plenty of things to check/look.
I'm hoping this isn't foreshadowing what I'm about to go through. I absolutely loathe shops telling me something can't be fixed or isn't actually a problem. I've wrenched on enough cars in my life to know what is and isn't normal and what is and isn't fixable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts