RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys This is a video upgrade of my GPS. :clap: Magellan Roadmate 1700. Perfect fit for our rig without loosing the clock.
Gps, movie player using any video player including ipod and iphone.
I will help anybody just ask.
see for yourself. `) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGpFo2OY868

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
One of the neatest, if not the neatest, aftermarket installs I have seen.
Great job. :thumb:

Martin

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. The second cruise button used to power on/off the GPS, i find a way to hack into it.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Ha ha... I have an extra fog light button in that slot. I was going to wire it up for some blinders (bright lights facing backwards for people who drive with their brights on... surprisingly common here in Florida).

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
(bright lights facing backwards for people who drive with their brights on... surprisingly common here in Florida).[/quote]

Say it aint so Keith....
Next thing you'll be telling us that there are folks down there that have had their turn signal on since 1987...... :lol:

Martin

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here in Louisville the Honda Boys riding out blinding people 8) ,i need a set of HELLA soon.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just wondering, if you put the vehicle in gear, and drive down the road, does the movie feature still work?

If so, sound like the most ignorant thing to do in a vehicle that I have ever seen. :naughty:

Sorry, JMO

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
49 Posts
hi HHaitian97,

i noticed you have a third headrest in the middle backseat. Did that come installed on the vehicle, or did you fit it yourself ?

I've never seen it before on any vehicle here in Portugal, but it certainly looks very cool. I always thought that LR only put 2 in the back...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nunofpinto said:
hi HHaitian97,

i noticed you have a third headrest in the middle backseat. Did that come installed on the vehicle, or did you fit it yourself ?

I've never seen it before on any vehicle here in Portugal, but it certainly looks very cool. I always thought that LR only put 2 in the back...
Hi nunofpine, Yes i did the middle headrest myself :clap: from a donor, still have another one. 8-0=
Remember My RR is 97 with 2002 interior upgrade, with black floating headliner....

Attachments

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
tyinger said:
Just wondering, if you put the vehicle in gear, and drive down the road, does the movie feature still work?

If so, sound like the most ignorant thing to do in a vehicle that I have ever seen. :naughty:

Sorry, JMO
Just because it works etc, doesnt mean he has to use it though Tom. My big rig is not governed speed wise, but I still have a license etc :thumb:
You want to see some of the sights I get driving across the country. Idiots watching movies on laptops, reading books propped on the steering wheel, looking at maps at 70mph, and so on.

Martin

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tyinger said:

Sorry, JMO
Yes the movies feature still work as long the Ipod is connected to AV output of the GPD. `) When I'm driving i used the GPS.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
leftlanetruckin said:
tyinger said:

Sorry, JMO
Just because it works etc, doesnt mean he has to use it though Tom. My big rig is not governed speed wise, but I still have a license etc :thumb:
You want to see some of the sights I get driving across the country. Idiots watching movies on laptops, reading books propped on the steering wheel, looking at maps at 70mph, and so on.

Martin
Martin i agree with you, people do that all time in the VILLE. The GPS is easy to watch movie from a Ipod using a 3.5mm 3ring plug, it's that simple.
I only using it when I'm the park on weekend, when I'm not searching this site. (I'm addicted):evil: .

·
Registered
286 Posts
I meant no disrespect hhaitian97, just venting my frustration of what we all see on the road today. The sad part is that a few of these idiots have caused major accidents, and in some cases, death.

One of these days, when I see someone coming at me on a 2 lane road, and there head is looking in there lap, I'm going to just lay on the horn and scare the crap out of them. :twisted:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
49 Posts
hhaitian97 said:
nunofpinto said:
hi HHaitian97,

Hi nunofpine, Yes i did the middle headrest myself :clap: from a donor, still have another one. 8-0=
Remember My RR is 97 with 2002 interior upgrade, with black floating headliner....
That is very cool indeed... Mine is 1997 also, but with the ash grey leather interior....im thinking of buying a used headrest. They are pretty cheap. Was it to much trouble to fit ?

Best Regards,

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Mate! not at all, just center the headrest and mark with a pen then drill or cut with sharp object, insert it in the hole you should be fine. :dance:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Great mod ! Congrats !

Since you're offering.. how hard is it to fit the GPS in there ? How much did you have to hack behind the bezel ? What about the new "wooden" bezel ? Custom made or aftermarket (links please) ? What about the GPS volume ? Do you route it to the Alpine or is it standalone (if so, is it loud enough?) ?

thanks,

n.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NachoMan77 said:
Great mod ! Congrats !

Since you're offering.. how hard is it to fit the GPS in there ? How much did you have to hack behind the bezel ? What about the new "wooden" bezel ? Custom made or aftermarket (links please) ? What about the GPS volume ? Do you route it to the Alpine or is it standalone (if so, is it loud enough?) ?

thanks,

n.
You can find pretty much everything on Ebay like i did ,not hard at all to fit just cut behind the bezel enough to get it a flush. Take the gps frame out glue it to the bezel using JBwell also ebay.
Wooden gps center, vinyl wood effect ebay. speaker stand alone, two 3" under the glove box and steering wheel. `)
I will post pics soon to show the back and connections

Louis.

·
Registered
13 Posts
can you add some links to the stuff you bought on ebay. In particular the wooden center that tidies up your install is really nice!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts