RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought 2000 HSE 4.6 with 106k km with fsh and in nice condition that EAS is still operating and not yet shifted to coils.

How can i take care of it so that it run as long as possible? This car is only meant for road drive and no offroad or beach even. Sometime i step on footpath to park car but all 4 wheels are on flat ground on footpath. But yeah stepping up and down might disturb the sleep of eas that's why i do that one wheel at a time and as slow as possible. I cross the bumps also as slow as possible and avoid sharp turns and fast U turns.

After reading great threads on EAS i am so concerned now that somehow i want it to run. Played with height control system switch thrice only and not touching it anymore. I was thinking of plugging the fuse out to leave that in as is condition but then re pumping after few days may be an issue.

Please advise stepping on footpath is an issue? How else i can run them longer and what are other do's and dont of EAS i should know.

Thanks guys.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
have a look at your airsprings, if they're worn/cracked/rotted it's time for new ones. If the compressor runs a long time it's due for a rebulid.

The rubber and teflon in the system are consumable items, just like brake-pads. You don't avoid using your brakes to make them last longer do you? Replace what needs to be replaced and go with it.

DO NOT baby the suspension, it doesn't need it (if in good order). the RR is a truck, drive it like one.

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
Like Dennis says, don't worry about the EAS. Drive the Rangie like it is meant to be driven... work the EAS as much as you want and enjoy the superior comfort and handling of the Rangie.

Drive it over gutters as much as possible, let it adjust itself down to highway mode when you hit 80Km/h (50mph) and then back up to normal mode when you slow down. Intimidate smaller cars that get in your way by raising it to high mode and reducing the "3 second gap" 8-0= .

This is important... when a Subaru WRX startles you with their low slung driving lights and overtakes you at night, make sure you also engage your driving lights, put the car on normal or high EAS mode, follow them closely and enjoy the glare of your lights in their rear view mirror ;)

Seriously though, just give the EAS a bit of care and maintenance and it will serve you well. It is well worth it.

Cheers, Paul.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As per last service i think one of spring had some consumable part, will get rest of it check this weekend.

Never knew it has some consumables in it 8-0= . Thanks.

And another thanks for telling me not to baby EAS, as i never wanted to :p but i was uneducated about the fact so taking extra care. And yeah lowering and height control is good fun to impress friends and family. Now i will always lower it when mom steps in, she felt very good (imp) when first i have done that.

Its my first rangie and i admit its beautiful vehicle in superior comfort and road handling.

It came with SONY remote, inserted the new batteries and its still not working. Is it for TV and Navi? As when i turn on screen i can only see blurry free to air channel, adjusted antenna also but no luck. Does this 2000 model has Navi? How to switch to Nav instead of blurry TV channel?

·
Registered
53 Posts
PaulP38A said:
This is important... when a Subaru WRX startles you with their low slung driving lights and overtakes you at night, make sure you also engage your driving lights, put the car on normal or high EAS mode, follow them closely and enjoy the glare of your lights in their rear view mirror ;)

Seriously though, just give the EAS a bit of care and maintenance and it will serve you well. It is well worth it.
Never thought of that one :thumb:

But I am the 1st to admit when sat in traffic I stick it in Access mode then in off road and watch the peoples faces in the cars around just sit there with their mouths open!

Just use it! When it goes wrong spend some time to get to know the system (it's quite daunting at 1st but no I can swap a valve block in about 15 mins and have loads of spare airline for trying our different things!!) and fix it then you'll enjoy the ride quality even more :dance:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Definitely use the suspension. By using it, signs of wear or issues may arise slowyly rather than all of a sudden. If you notice it isn't holding air after a few days or if the compressor is kicking on quite often. Going from access to normal shouldn't take more than a few seconds and if does, then you know you need to be looking for an issue.

I love my EAS, but granted maybe that is because I haven't had any issues yet. It really does soak up speed bumps like no other. On my way to work, I encounter three speed bumps before the parking lot. Driving my bimmer or 4Runner, I have to slow down or I get jostled all over. In the Rangie, I can charge over with one small bump and no extra recoil. It is a great suspension system.

If your air springs go bad, its just an excuse for GenIIIs and more travel!

I plan to rebuild the valve block and compressor somtime around 100k miles as I am at 92K miles now. Air springs were changed 25k miles ago by original owner and look great. Wish he had put on GenIIIs...

Use it... enjoy it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts