RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my car for a couple years now and whenever I used to lock it, it would fold in the mirrors and there would not be any honks, chirps or beeps. The last time I took my car into the dealer for yearly maintenance it started beeping twice when I locked it. I need to fix this since I live in a townhouse with neighbors that have kids and they complain the chirps are waking their kids up at night. I would take it to the dealer to have them fix it but the closest one is 300 miles away.

Does anybody know how to turn off the beeping when locking on your own to avoid a 300 mile trip to the dealership?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
81 Posts
Re: How to stop from honk/beep/chirping when locking 2010 RRS

How ironic. Mine doesn't chirp when I arm/disarm and I wish it would. If you figure out how to disable your self, please tell me how to enable. :)

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

It's an clickable option in the Car Config File. Strange that a dealer would enable it without you specifically requesting it. AFAIK, it can only disabled / enabled via diagnostics (at a dealer, suitably equipped independent Land Rover shop or you can DIY if you have a diagnostic tool such as IIDTool.)

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts

Are the mirrors still folding in when you lock it?

This might be a mis-lock situation, where one of the panels(doors, tailgate, hood) are being seen as open.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts

Are the mirrors still folding in when you lock it?

This might be a mis-lock situation, where one of the panels(doors, tailgate, hood) are being seen as open.
That's what I was thinking. If a door is ajar the little chirp will warn you something is open. I like the chirp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Nope, I know what your talking about with the locking error beep. This is different and it still locks. One thing that is strange though is that if somebody opens the passenger door before I unlock it, but I am still in the vicinity of the car, the car will still open and the alarm will go off.

Any recommendations for this to stop and to have the locking beep stop?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts

If the car honks as soon as button is pressed something is open. If the button is pressed and maybe a few seconds after the car honks there is a fault and something is not getting the correct return signal faulty lock or door module.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there a way to find out what it is exactly that is causing the mis-lock? I have a '13 RRS and sometimes when I press the small button on the door handle to lock it will double beep and I was told that means something is still open. In most cases I'll only have opened one door during the trip to get in and out and it closes just fine, but won't lock. However, when I use the remote fob to lock, it works fine.

Also read somewhere (but can't remember where) that single press on remote lock is superlock, and double press on remote lock will disarm the internal alarm but leave external alarm on? Is this right?

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
One thing that is strange though is that if somebody opens the passenger door before I unlock it, but I am still in the vicinity of the car, the car will still open and the alarm will go off.
Thanks in advance
This sounds to me like a sticky front passenger door latch. The honk is because it thinks that door is unlocked. Just a guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts