RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone this is Big- t and my 2001 rover is running BEAUTIFULLY :dance: Thank God I finally found that silly howling that has been driving me crazy. I ordered new windshield trim clips and installed them tuesday and haven't heard a sound since, AHHHHH thats soooo nice :D silence is truly golden. Anyways, now that I have that taken care of I'm trying to set up my factory, universal garage door opener to work with the Craftsman garage door opener at home and I can't find any instructions on my Rave cd. Does anyone know how to set these up, I would sure appreciate any and all advice, thanks in advance, I love this site, hands down the best rover site on the web. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Was just about to hardwire my gate opener into my car. Must read the owners manual and find out about this thing.

**edit** just had a flick through the manual and I'm figuring my p38 doesn't have this. No worries, back to hardwiring the remote in.
 

·
SUPER MODERATOR
Joined
·
27,725 Posts
rogan said:
Was just about to hardwire my gate opener into my car. Must read the owners manual and find out about this thing.

**edit** just had a flick through the manual and I'm figuring my p38 doesn't have this. No worries, back to hardwiring the remote in.
NOOOOO. They are around $10US when they pop up on eBay and only require two wires for operation and only one screw to mount. It is a self contained unit with no hidden bits elsewhere in the car.
 

·
SUPER MODERATOR
Joined
·
27,725 Posts
p38arover said:
We didn't get Homelink in Australia but I'm looking for one.
Should've said somethign while you were here! I would have sent you home with the one in my desk. :mrgreen: I never used it so I installed the sunglass holder in it's place. At least that I use all the time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
NOOOOO. They are around $10US when they pop up on eBay and only require two wires for operation and only one screw to mount. It is a self contained unit with no hidden bits elsewhere in the car.
WHY NOTTTTT. If this is the Homelink console then it's pretty **** ugly and will take up dashboard space. IMO hardwiring the existing remote would be a much better solution.
 

·
SUPER MODERATOR
Joined
·
27,725 Posts
rogan said:
rrtoadhall said:
NOOOOO. They are around $10US when they pop up on eBay and only require two wires for operation and only one screw to mount. It is a self contained unit with no hidden bits elsewhere in the car.
WHY NOTTTTT. If this is the Homelink console then it's pretty **** ugly and will take up dashboard space. IMO hardwiring the existing remote would be a much better solution.
Dashboard space? It mounts overhead where your drivers grab bar/oh crap handle is. It is completely out of sight and out of mind until you look up to use it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Rightee couldn't figure out where you'd mount it on the dash, grab handle makes sense. Will definitely be hardwiring mine in in that case: I'll need to find a headlight flash signal (earthing or 12v doesn't matter too much) and will mount the remote under the dash somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried the steps on the homelinks instructions and the light's flashed on the remote in the truck but it still wouldn't program into my remote so I called the rep and then we left on our trip and he called back but we weren't home. It's midnight here now and we just got home so I'll call him tomorrow and hopefully he can help me through it, Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the help. Hang loose, I'll let ya know how it turns out. Big-T
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top