RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I have a 1994 Range Rover Classic with cracked wood trim on the central console. I bought the replacement pieces, but I do not know how to remove the existing one. Can any one help please? many thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Carefully & take your time!
Is yours the last of the hard dash models or a soft dash?
Are you talking about replacing the long dashboard wood trim on a hard dash or the gear shift surround or the "ski slope" that surrounds the gear shifter & window switches on a soft dash?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Start with the panel holding the window switches because that is the easiest.

Remove the screws securing the cubby box top cover, then the four screws (one in each corner) holding the plastic box to the console. Lift the box right out. The screws holding the front panel to the cubby are easy enough to see- maybe with a torch to aid vision. Simply unplug the switches and gently push the panel forward to remove it.

With this panel out of the way it is a bit easier to get at the lower panel (around the gear selector). Carefully remove the T bar and the panel retaining screws (see the RAVE manual to see how).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, @ALMAQTARIE, where did you find or purchase the "replacement pieces"? I need to do this, too, but I thought I had to remove the entire ski slope and send away for refurbishment for weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It a hard dash. And yes, the "ski slope and the piece surrounding the gear shifter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there!

I have a 1994 Range Rover Classic with cracked wood trim on the central console. I bought the replacement pieces, but I do not know how to remove the existing one. Can any one help please? many thanks!
where did you get the pieces?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts