RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased a brand new evoque in June 2017, I?ve had nothing but issues with the car and have had Land Rover assist out who advised me to take it back to the dealership. My car has done 2500 miles and now requiring a service. It?s constantly coming up restricted performance and completely cuts out when I hit 70mph, which isn?t great when I drive on the motorway daily to get to work. I?m now having to clear my exhaust filter every 3 days without fail and at the same time as this warning my tyre pressure warning triggers. I?ve taken it back to the dealership who said yeh you need a service. Surely not at 4 months. I?ve now stated I want a new car from them or out of my contract as it?s unsafe and not fit for purpose. I?ve opened a case with Land Rover themselves as I feel I got dismissed at the dealership. Can anyone give me any advice on what to do. Thank you

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,674 Posts
I would contact the dealer's manager and explain why you feel it is unsafe and detail all of the issues you have had and what the dealership did to rectify each issue. Obviously you have to document everything the dealership has done. At this point there is really nothing we can do in a forum as we don;t even know what model you have. You mention an exhaust filter so I suspect this is a diesel.

If you have given the dealership a chance to rectify each issue and they are unable to fix your Evoque then you will need to contact legal aide in your country to review what your options are. You will also need to contact Land Rover for your region and file a formal complaint with all of the above information and obtain a case number in order for your case to be tracked.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,965 Posts
Does it have the speed recognition and limits your speed to only 70? Or is this something you can turn off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi sorry it?s model is RR evoque ED4 SE. I wish now I went with gut and the model I originally wanted. The dealership said they would service it free of charge but again surely after 4 months it shouldn?t be needing serviced. I have opened a case with Land Rover in the uk so they will also investigate for me

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,674 Posts
I wouldn;t worry too much. The diesels have had a few updates for DEF calibration, particulate burn off, service interval warning etc. Your use of the word "service" is actually rather misleading. This is not a mileage, time frame oil change etc. They more likely are addressing your issues, ensuring software is current and double checking a few things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts